Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:43:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)What size Wacom Intuous Tablet for 15.4" Macbook Pro?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What size Wacom Intuous Tablet for 15.4" Macbook Pro?  (Read 1893 times)
kendoboy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:54:24 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm about to purchase a Wacom Intuos Tablet, but I'm not 100% sure which size I should get for a 15.4" Macbook Pro (which has a widescreen display). Should I get the 6by11 or what? Any other info or opinions on tablets is appreciated.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »

Any size above the smallest would be good, though unless you're using programs that simulate real painting tools like Corel Painter, the Wacom Bamboo line would be just as useful.

Still, avoid the smallest (the one around the size of 4"x5") of any line.  It's just too dang small.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:50:43 PM »

I have the smallest Bamboo, and it works just fine. Then again, I'm not a really serious artist.

isaac
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:57:10 PM »

I survived for 5 years using the smallest Graphire (bamboo precursor). It's just fine!

I'm using the 6x8 Intuous now though, and it is much nicer. I would recommend not going larger than that if you're using it in combination with a laptop: past that, they get too larget to carry around.

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:22:41 PM »

Ooh- also, don't get a new model!

You can get models a couple of years old for a much lower price, and they work every bit as well. Wacom just makes tiny gimmicky changes every year so they can keep selling new models.
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 10:37:07 PM »

Yeah what sparky said. I mean they ARE a little bit improved as far as like how many levels of sensitivity but it's so minute I don't ever realize the change. The bamboo does look pretty sleek though. I have one myself, along with an intuos that I had that just broke and I can't afford to replace.

Basically what it boils down to: For sit down at home art, the bigger you can afford, the better. It'll make your lines look less jiggly and such, and just feels nicer. Obviously though that comes with the con of lolpricetag.

Anything works, really.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic