Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:31:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject: Infinitesimals
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Print
Author Topic: Project: Infinitesimals  (Read 52426 times)
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2017, 01:54:50 AM »

:D yeh, the next step is splitting them apart and also potentially allowing them to recombine if chance occurs. I have them splitting now but I need to refine the blend from one large to N number of smaller drops.

Regarding drops on screen, it's certainly possible - I did mock that up in one of the earlier previs animations posted on here a while back I recall too. (on a totally unrelated note... tried out VR last night - very cool - but I still feel ill this morning :S)

James
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2017, 02:10:46 AM »

Nice! :D

I'm wondering if the drops should have significant effect on the pod's momemtum if they hit it. It's quite a lot of mass, relatively speaking, and also:

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2017, 05:44:04 PM »

Yeh, they very likely should have an effect, particularity the larger ones. They already apply a force on impact, so it shouldn't be to tricky and the POD's body being full physics sim should make for interesting results...
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »

We're getting pretty close with the POD procedural/physics motion now and will be able to show it running around under it's own forces relatively soon. As a quick side note however, here's some early jet pack tests for when on foot:

And I think I forgot to post this on here but some footage of the POD Bay maintenance lifter assets coming into the game.

Ok, back to work...
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »

I'm getting a little Guts and Glory vibe here. Grin

And I think I forgot to post this on here but some footage of the POD Bay maintenance lifter assets coming into the game.

Looking sweet! Smiley

Quote from: Sergeant
Mock Anger Privates!  ARE YOU READY ...   TO POD!?!

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »

Ha! Yes, I can see what you mean :D
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2017, 12:38:21 PM »

Oh, what is the music in the first video?  Sounds epic. Grin

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 22, 2017, 02:15:43 AM »

Here you go:

Smiley
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »

Thank you! SmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

GameBubble06.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 22, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »

I'm following this for a long time. Had chat with the author some time ago. Top game. My only wish for the developer is to be able to finish it since it's so high quality and so ambitious.
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 27, 2017, 02:35:55 AM »

GameBubble06: Hey, sorry for slow reply, I missed this. Yeh, it's been a long road so far :D I should note that it's been deliberate. I've turned down offers of full funding for the project from publishers because I wanted to spend a decent amount of time on the prototyping stage without external pressures. It's taken longer than I'd hope of course, mainly because the project is part time but also because there are indeed ambitious systems required.

Right now we're working on getting the POD into a representative level with all manner of obstacles and environmental challenges in order to further refine it's procedural leg systems and handling. As a mini update I'll briefly post this snippet of the POD running entirely under full physics, with the leg forces keeping it upright and moving.

The next update should allow us to show it climbing stuff :D

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: May 27, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »

That wobble at 0:05 seemed quite disorienting.  Now I understand why you had a headache when playing it in VR. Grin   

However, doesn't the pod have the technology (some kind of radar) that could predict surface changes like that and adopt the pod's height accordingly to give it a smooth(er) ride?  At least, soon that's what my pod (i.e. spider) will have. Wink

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 27, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »

Agreed Smiley Yeh, that's going to come under the umbrella of the climbing systems that are beginning work now. Currently the body attempts to align to surface normals underneath but that was only a placeholder behavior. Next update showing climbing should have that all sorted.

Have not tried the POD in VR properly yet tbh but the more I have used VR the more I wasn't so keen on it (sickness feelings aside) :D
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: May 27, 2017, 11:50:35 AM »

Yeah, I was sort of guessing the pod movement might be WIP. Wink

Regarding VR, I haven't looked that much into it, but I've read that it's still not recommended for action games - i.e. where fast turning is required.  It's been a while I watched a movie with 3d glasses, but I remember similarish issues. As the camera was turning, the 3d effect was lost and the image was blurry.  I wondered if it was because the movie theaters use polarized light glasses and something might be "off sync" because the left and right images are shown after each other.  But with VR glasses (I'm assuming) the images are shown at the same time so that shouldn't be an issue.

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 13, 2017, 05:49:04 AM »

Not quite climbing stuff yet, but here's a clip showing the improved leg shapes (there was a bug causing twisting of the leg splines):

Currently Cameron is doing some work on the UE4 editor tools for the procedural animation system - or at least, adding functionality for testing parameters without needing to press play. Then it's back onto the climbing/stepping systems revamp.

I'm working on getting the exemplar level ready and preparing systems such as the turret for implementation with the POD.
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2017, 10:48:16 AM »

Ok... update dump!....

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2017, 10:48:56 AM »

And some weather/TOD prototyping...

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 21, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »

Gorgeous as always!
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2017, 01:22:05 AM »

Thanks! Smiley We are hoping to be able to show climbing/jumping in the coming weeks
igrek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2017, 05:44:02 AM »

This is looking awesome! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic