Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:24:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrystal Gun Girl - Legend of the Golden Garden
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Crystal Gun Girl - Legend of the Golden Garden  (Read 14600 times)
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »

Excellent looking game and seems like alot of fun! And when you said it's influenced by Monster World you had me right there.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »

This looks great! Farage is definitely right about the PS1 feel. The presentation on the synthesis stuff is really nice, as well.
Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

This looks great! Farage is definitely right about the PS1 feel. The presentation on the synthesis stuff is really nice, as well.
Excellent looking game and seems like alot of fun! And when you said it's influenced by Monster World you had me right there.
Thanks!

Adding different types of bullets.

Colorless - This is a standard bullet. Made of energy and nothing else. It has little defined pros or cons. No elemental advantages or disadvantages.

Grass - This bullet starts off slow and then takes off after a second. Deals additional damage to water type enemies. This can be useful for enemies about to appear on screen or dealing with timed openings on enemies. It’s also more efficient at dealing with enemies at a distance.

Fire - This bullet bounces after it is shot. It can bounce a number of times before destroying itself. Can be useful for enemies in areas where the player cannot reach with other bullets.

Water - Fires a slow moving bubble. If shot in groups, it can create a wall bubbles that will assault enemies that pass through it. Using it on still enemies or distances is difficult. It’s charge shot has the ability to freeze weak enemies solid.

Star - The ultimate type. It’s large size is both a detriment and an advantage. The amount of accuracy needed is lowered, but it can’t squeeze in between tight spaces. It has no elemental advantages or disadvantages but is still the strongest type.

Each element has a powerful charge too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:45:40 AM by Mr.Blue » Logged

Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »

Element based attacks are always a win. I really like your grass gun.

my twitter. my itch.io page.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »

I really like those bullet graphics - the bubbles in particular look really "energy charged" with their flickering glow. Nice work.

Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 06:57:30 AM »

Haven't been here in more than a while, so I'll go ahead and dump some nice stuff.

The area I'm currently on is that beach area! Working on a boss for it right now.

Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 03:47:51 PM »

Changing the behavior on Raging Storm’s Super Charge Shot!

Now in the style, you will fire out a small non-damaging projectile that will explode once it hits the ground. The gust of wind it kicks up starts a tornado that deals massive damage against stationary targets, or targets that don’t have a lot of knockback.

These screenshots were taking during a test fight against Killossal, a water dwelling robot that uses its tentacles to keep its opponents in check.

More on that later, though.

Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:00 AM »

Sometimes I like to do little “official” artworks for my characters. They change a bit as I get better at drawing. This is my main character, Rose.

Just new art really, but small tweaks to the design and art style are here.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »

Very nice. I like those proportion tweaks and the simple, contrasting colors.

Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 10:03:24 AM »

One more.
Here’s one for Blaze, which actually changes her design up quite a bit from her old one. I felt her old one was a bit too monochromatic, and there was tons of little details that didn’t really do anything, because I was focusing on adding tiny details on small places rather than focusing on color and form, which wasn’t the way to go.

Very nice. I like those proportion tweaks and the simple, contrasting colors.
Thanks.

SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 10:06:38 AM »

I really like this, feels like a mix of a video game with a Saturday morning cartoon. And the animations and attacks look great too.
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »

Looks nice and the story has potential!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »

I really like this, feels like a mix of a video game with a Saturday morning cartoon. And the animations and attacks look great too.
Looks nice and the story has potential!  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Thanks!

Killossal fight finished!

The fight against Killossal is finished!
Killossal is a simple fight that locks down areas by dishing out high damage dealing projectiles.

Raging Storm is recommended for this fight, as it can clean up the adds it spawns quickly.

The boss has just two main attacks.

The green attack, which spawns Spinners. These projectiles move slowly and lock down areas in front of Killossal. The Flame Streams spawn two fireballs that crawl on the ground.

Should have work on a new areas done soon enough after this!

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2017, 07:45:06 AM »

I like the art style. It look promising Smiley

Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »

Weapon Upgrades!

When you get to Celosia Town, upstairs in the laboratory is Blaze’s younger sister.

Her name is Jasmine. She’s a shy young trainee who decided to make some of her own money. You can help her train by getting her to work on your equipment!

After speaking with her, you can go over to her table and go over plans to upgrade 4 pieces of equipment you own.

Here’s the upgrade screen! You simply hold the jump button to pay in multiples of 10. The goal meter on the right displays your progress. Here’s what you can get if you upgrade your equipment:

Replacing the Lucidian Firefly; the remote control bomb you acquire in the first dungeon comes the Jazzy Buzzer.

This piece of equipment functions the same as the Firefly, but you get the option of doing two more things. It has the ability to fire bullets using its automatic gun.

It also has the ability to shrink!

Next, we have the Jazzy Saber. Other than sporting a cool new green color, it has massively extended range, 8-way slashing capabilities (as opposed to the old 2-way) and it deals 4 points of damage instead of 2.

Next up we have the Jazzy Shot. This replaces the basic charge move with with a twice-as-powerful blast of energy. Instead of dealing 5 points of damage, the charge shot now deals 10.

Next up is the Jazzy Crest. There isn’t much to say about this one. It increases the rewards you get from Form Orbs by double the regular amount, making it possible to maintain forms much easier.

That’s all for now! Thanks for reading!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic