Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:32:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWARBITS - Classic Turn-Based Strategy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: WARBITS - Classic Turn-Based Strategy  (Read 69440 times)
Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2015, 02:45:11 AM »

Ha, Space Dandy.  Grin
Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »

Haha, I just finished watching that series and needed boot up mumbo jumbo to fill in.

In other news, I'm currently working on a currency symbol. I think 8 is my favorite...

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2015, 08:04:38 AM »

#8 is probably the best one. The art in this is fantastic, and a good strategy game will always be welcome on my iPad.

Question, how well does the game read on the smaller iOS devices (iphone 4s, 5, touch)? Do you scale any of the menu assets to accommodate the smaller screen or does it not need to be scaled?

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »

Thanks, means a lot!

I design Warbits with a very modular approach. I make sure everything looks ok on an iPhone 4 before I start thinking about how it will function on bigger iPhone screens and the different iPad models.

Heres a comparison of the game running on an iPhone 5 and an iPad 2.

You can also pinch to zoom in/out, so I prefer to play zoomed out on the iPad because all the tiles are still large enough to play comfortably and you can see a lot more of the map.

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2015, 10:24:04 AM »

sweet! UI is looking great

I think 8 is my fave on the currency symbol too

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »

Every time I see this it makes me consider buying an iPad, because my phone is tiny and I feel like this needs a nice big screen to really appreciate how beautiful the art is. But I can't afford an iPad. Yet. I'll start saving.

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »

I think 8 is a good choice for the currency symbols, though I could see 5 or 7 working nicely too. The others seem a bit too busy in my opinion.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2015, 08:29:24 PM »

7 exists IRL as korean won (₩).

i think 8 is good too.
blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »

Every time I see this it makes me consider buying an iPad, because my phone is tiny and I feel like this needs a nice big screen to really appreciate how beautiful the art is. But I can't afford an iPad. Yet. I'll start saving.

Dude once you've saved up you can score an iPad mini 2 at a decent price. In canada they're around $300 for the base model, but really they're the best bang for your buck. Same chip as the ipad mini 3 + ipad air 1, and like $150 less than both of them. Unless you absolutely need the touch ID, get the mini 2.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

Really? Cool, I'll get saving!

MakeItUpAsIGo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »

Add another one for # 8

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2015, 07:53:11 AM »

#8 is my vote
Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »

Thanks everyone, #8 it is.

So when you fired the game up for the first time, you'd get this. Which is lame.

So now we have this sucker in the game. http://gfycat.com/NearOffensiveImperialeagle

SrGrafo
Level 0

Artist / Animator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2015, 08:21:24 PM »

seriously? advance wars?

this is like bacon to my eyes, advance wars is my fav game ever, and this looks so clean, damn I am so following this dev, keep it going!  Hand Fork LeftScreamyHand Knife Right

Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2015, 03:21:49 AM »

I'm sorry, this has already been asked and discussed for sure here, but is there going to be an Android version by any chance? This is one of the very few mobile games I could see myself playing.

Really love this project, good luck with it! Smiley
Juwdah
Level 2

he he he

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2015, 02:30:07 AM »

Can't believe I missed this, I'm not huge into mobile games but this is definitely something I'd pick up!
Great art assets and love the terrain types, definitely the autumn one.

Vanhail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2015, 05:09:27 AM »

I'm sorry, this has already been asked and discussed for sure here, but is there going to be an Android version by any chance? This is one of the very few mobile games I could see myself playing.

Really love this project, good luck with it! Smiley

There's no android build currently being worked on, but it's something we've talked about plenty. This game has taken more time and resources than we expected, so we're going to have to wait until after launch to make the final decision.

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »

Haha, I just finished watching that series and needed boot up mumbo jumbo to fill in.

In other news, I'm currently working on a currency symbol. I think 8 is my favorite...

My vote is on 6 and 7 myself.  I think the W is the most readable as a currency and I just love the design on 6.

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2015, 04:25:53 AM »

If/when you get to an android port I will get it. Smiley And I also like number 6 the best, it's a curious symbol.

Regarding your menu, I think it's a great concept, it worked well with scrolling logos in the original Advance Wars (ah, the nostalgia!). I think the way you're doing it is more clever, but is also in its current iteration noisy. I feel my eyes should rest on the middle part of the screen where I can interact, but my eyes are cosntantly dragged to the sides. It disrupts the flow. I would advise that you change the white graphical elements somehow, be it animation or graphical fidelity or space.

I mean I like the cheeky parody of the military industrial complex and it should still be there, but I hope you can find another solution that encourages the player's eyes not to wander too far off.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2015, 09:16:35 AM »

Coming up for air!
Thanks for the thoughts Greipur, I'll try out some things when we start the final round of polish.

We just got all the sounds in to complete the Warbits install the first time you launch the game.
Really dig how it turned out.

All SFX and Music are done by http://www.satsuma-audio.com/
Wonderful guy to work with.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic