Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:11:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCube and Me [Kickstarter!! Greenlight!!]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Cube and Me [Kickstarter!! Greenlight!!]  (Read 10630 times)
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »

About the game

Cube and Me is a pet simulator with a little bit of RTS battle and business management. You, as a protagonist will make your living as a part time envelope folder while raising mysterious cube shaped aliens from outer space.

There will be a bunch of robots that will raid your home every once in a while. They seem to hate the cubes. It is your duty to protect and assist the cubes for their survival

Features

Battle

-Semi RTS style battle of micromanagement
-RPG style of level progression
-Unique stat increase for different personality traits of the cubes
-Randomly generated cube stats for every adoption
-Various Cubes with different attacks during battle segment
-Rare baby cube evolves into next generation cubes depending on how it's treated
-Craft equipments and equip cubes for cosmetic/physical enhancement

Business

-Accept envelope work requests
-Negotiate reward price with clients
-Interactive/Fast envelope folding system

Cubes

-Cube AI lets cubes have social interaction with other cubes in the room
-Feed the cubes
-Praise and love the cubes
-Beat the cubes and sell them for high profit
-Adopt a random cube at any time
-Sell any cubes at any time
-Cube market price fluctuates depending on the market condition
-Cubes sometimes give birth to a baby cube

Story

You play as a protagonist who could only find a job as a part time envelope folder at home. While being depressed about the current state of his life and living in fear of others judging him, a meteor falls behind his house. From the crash site, he has his first contact with Cube like aliens.

Are these Cubes going to become his life long friends? Or would they simply be used as a tool to advance in the materialistic rat race of human society? The choice is up to you.

Characters

Protagonist

Typical victim of the modern day job market. He folds envelopes at home to barely make his living. He is constantly in fear of his peers judging him, which lead him to never leave his house except for grocery. When he makes first contact with the cube, he decides to take them in out of loneliness.

Sarah Gable
A new neighbor that moved into a house near protagonist's. She has graduated college with an engineering degree at the age of 18. One day, she sees the protagonist interacting with the Cubes. She searches the meteor crash site behind the proagonist's house and finds a pair of Cubes for herself. She contacts the protagonist to exchange information on how to raise the Cubes.

Vasilij Walken

A mysterious businessman who is willing to exchange Cubes for very generous amount of money. His intentions are unknown and he never tells the protagonist what he does with the Cubes that are sold to him.

Marion Flora

A humble looking shopkeeper who is always ahead of time when it comes to the selection available at her general store. Due to her never changing happy face, people have hard time understanding what she is really thinking inside. She is somehow not aware of the flower that is growing on top of her head.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:59:03 PM by yui_jegnan » Logged

Cube and Me Devlog
Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »

Cubes!
Haha, this is way different from when I last saw it.

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:17:31 PM »

Cubes!
Haha, this is way different from when I last saw it.

Hey! A lot of work has gone into this game since you last saw it!!! Your game seems to be progressing well! PROGRESS

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:38 PM »

So I posted a screen shot of the game and the feedback wasn't so pretty. Time to struggle and make it better!

Here is what I tried. Hopefully It goes well with the current UI or maybe I have to design them again as well?

Cube and Me Devlog
Mr.Blue
Level 0

Hello.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 04:41:26 AM »

Oh wow, Haven't seen you around. I see you're changing stuff, looks nice!

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 11:36:55 PM »

Oh wow, Haven't seen you around. I see you're changing stuff, looks nice!

Hey, joined TIG to raise more awareness on the game. Thanks! Your game looks absolutely stunning!!

I made a new battle UI today

Cube and Me Devlog
vexille
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »

Hey, it's quite different from last time I saw it too! A lot more ambitious too, I'd say Tongue

Looking good though, keep it up guys!
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 02:28:28 AM »

Hey, it's quite different from last time I saw it too! A lot more ambitious too, I'd say Tongue

Looking good though, keep it up guys!

Thanks vexille! Hope you are doing well.

Commissioned a friend(http://coffeedaydreams.tumblr.com/) to get some illustration of Sarah done. Here is the original and the final product!!

original

Commissioned super image

I absolutely love it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:17:56 AM by yui_jegnan » Logged

Cube and Me Devlog
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 03:54:33 AM »

I thought "fairy tail" was a pun and I was expecting to see a squirrel or some animal with tail on the plot Tongue

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 04:21:33 AM »

I thought "fairy tail" was a pun and I was expecting to see a squirrel or some animal with tail on the plot Tongue

Oooops! Fixed now. Thanks for letting me know!

Cube and Me Devlog
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »

yay

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »

following

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »

Small WIP gif of envelope folding. Still have to fix some details and add some juice to it.

You fold envelopes by using the arrow keys. You move your mouse while holding LMB and following the red squares to Glue them. Planning to have it so that the time you take folding and the precision of gluing factors into the final quality of the envelope.

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

Implementing SHOWER for cubes. It's not working properly today. It worked yesterday though???

Cube and Me Devlog
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 04:52:14 AM »

So cute.

DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 05:20:21 AM »

What are the cubes made of?

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »

They are made of space substances and typical intelligent life form stuff like brain and digestive system related stuff.

They eat stuff and then the digestive system processes it into a crumpled paper. That's how the crumple papers appear in player's room.

They have a life crystal in their body. This is the source of their power and the more they suffer emotional/physical pain, it shines brighter. When the life crystal is extracted from their body, Cubes die.

Cube and Me Devlog
DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »

They are made of space substances and typical intelligent life form stuff like brain and digestive system related stuff.

They eat stuff and then the digestive system processes it into a crumpled paper. That's how the crumple papers appear in player's room.

They have a life crystal in their body. This is the source of their power and the more they suffer emotional/physical pain, it shines brighter. When the life crystal is extracted from their body, Cubes die.

I meant more along the lines of are they meant to be squishy jelly cubes or bouncy bricks?

yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

I meant more along the lines of are they meant to be squishy jelly cubes or bouncy bricks?

I always envisioned them to be bouncy bricks. Hard Rubber? Not so squishy

Cube and Me Devlog
yui_jegnan
Level 0

Challenging video games

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »

Just a little silly thing that happened today while making the game.

SASSY DRAGON TAKING A WALK IN THE PARK

Cube and Me Devlog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic