Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:43:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBacon Man [Kickstarted - Greenlit - XBOXONE]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Bacon Man [Kickstarted - Greenlit - XBOXONE]  (Read 9236 times)
TheAgent
Level 0

Location, Location

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 10:16:58 AM »

Here are the Tamago animations in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re_g...ature=youtu.be

Awww...it says the video doesn't exist...

Oh should be fixed now Link:

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Arent you guys from the UDK forums? I know TheAgent from the forums was working on this if it's the same project. If so, glad to see the great advancement. Looking really amazing!

TheAgent is still around?

TheAgent
Level 0

Location, Location

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 05:47:54 AM »

Yup still am :D
nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 11:56:50 AM »

Figured out an easier way to make GIFs...

Fresh Mozzarella
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »

In a sea of sameness (8 bit/16 bit platformers) this really stands out! I'm looking forward to watching the progress of this as the 90's retro (in spirit) 3D platformer renaissance begins

games
TheAgent
Level 0

Location, Location

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 05:23:42 AM »

In a sea of sameness (8 bit/16 bit platformers) this really stands out! I'm looking forward to watching the progress of this as the 90's retro (in spirit) 3D platformer renaissance begins

Thanks! We hope to bring you a special kind of nostalgic feeling when playing Bacon Man. Yet something different and new.
TheAgent
Level 0

Location, Location

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »

Check out the powerful Lobster Knight! From 2D to 3D

Click for Larger View
Dardangelos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 07:57:48 AM »

Hey guys! I'm Angelos, the Bacon Man Game/Level Designer. Here are some WIP shots of World 1 Level 4's lighting. Click on the images to make them bigger  Grin

\\\"Learn from the best, be the best.\\\"
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »

This is looking really cool guys,

My only critique from the pics is that the levels look very detailed and there's no divide of tone and detail to help the player understand whats foreground, whats on the playable level and what background,

although when its all moving this might not be an issue, do you have any videos of levels being played or scrolling yet?

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
TheAgent
Level 0

Location, Location

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 09:10:05 AM »

My only critique from the pics is that the levels look very detailed and there's no divide of tone and detail to help the player understand whats foreground, whats on the playable level and what background,

although when its all moving this might not be an issue, do you have any videos of levels being played or scrolling yet?

Right now the lighting is still Work in Progress. What we will be doing is lighting the walk able path so its clear to the player, right now we are just doing the aesthetic pass. Thanks for the feedback! We will have more updates to come.
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »

Right now the lighting is still Work in Progress. What we will be doing is lighting the walk able path so its clear to the player, right now we are just doing the aesthetic pass. Thanks for the feedback! We will have more updates to come.

Cool, I was going to suggest slightly blurring and De-saturating the background art a little, whilst highlighting the paths..

Looking forward to updates Smiley

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »

Level up! Our artist Ryan is storyboarding concepts for Bacon Man's level up screen.

Dardangelos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 05:32:14 AM »

Hey guys. Here's an update on one of the few new levels I've worked on. This level is very different from the rest due to the many floors and the fact that it's moving right to left.

This is the Meat Zone world. Level 4 focuses on a meat market setting with lots of bouncy platforms and meat baskets hanging to help you reach the upper floors. Watch out for those collapsible platforms and keep your eyes out for some of our toughest enemies yet. Each floor has its own challenges...

Check it out!

\\\"Learn from the best, be the best.\\\"
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 10:40:08 AM »

Bacon Man

You had me at "bacon"

So long and thanks for all the pi
nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 06:23:51 AM »

Hey everyone, we've posted a Steam Greenlight concept page to gather feedback from the community. Check it out!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254630301

Also here's a gif.

nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »

Hello everyone!

Bacon Man has been in development for a little while now. So to help speed up development we launched our KickStarter! We have also launched our GreenLight as well. Please help back us and up vote fr us on GreenLight.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731015134/bacon-man-an-adventure

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286484874

nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »

Updates...

82% of the way to the top 100 Greenlight titles
43% of the way to our Kickstarter goal, 23 days remaining

Things are starting to shape up!

nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »

We just announced that Bacon Man is coming to Xbox One! New trailer...

And some GIFS!

nealneato
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »

- First post updated
- A screenshot of a "Heavenly" new area, and some notes on development below.

We're almost one year from the launch of our Kickstarter campaign. Being close to the anniversary, I want to reflect.

The Kickstarter money was so useful. We were able to buy powerful laptops, and more recently open an office with other dev friends. If we were still working on the game from home, it would have been terribly time consuming.

Over the year, we encountered the Fez effect. In game which takes a long time to develop, you can see how much you've improved over your old work. This is painful. The time it takes to go back and remake something racks up, and before you know it you're remaking the same level over and over. But on a positive note, as we review our levels, we're now satisfied, and will be polishing as we prep for launch.

Looking forward to pushing a new demo to Steam soon.

LucasMaxBros
Level 2

My body is ready.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »

Oh hey, I remember this game when it was posted on Greenlight! It was around the time I attempted my first Greenlight game. I voted yes, definitely will buy when it launches! Looks like the art has improved since I last saw it too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic