Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:27:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStellar Arms / [anuStar] - retro styled run n gun -
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Stellar Arms / [anuStar] - retro styled run n gun -  (Read 17501 times)
Lazcht
Level 0

BANG!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 09:26:09 AM »

Wow man you're doing a really good job on this game, I'm definitely hyped for it.
thanks dude, though we're still troubled with maintaining the focus of the project dev (doing old paralel project), we'll post updates and make sure projects moving on the right track/ direction.

another update on world concept: (as seen more completely on the tumblr blog post)

still on Polaris design.

i also have been worked on dialogues (on random scene), though not sure they will come out to the game itself but for the purpose of world and character development, i'm going to share them next time.

thelemba
Level 0

-lemba-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 09:00:09 AM »

Bump!

A glimpse of 1st boss in this game, Pluie. She could summon shadow clones to confuse her enemies. If you look at the her weapon, that 'triangle things' are actually a 'progress bar' indicating when they will dash.  Grin

twitter : @ricolemba
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 11:35:24 PM »

Cool. Not sure if they're really necessary given the enemies' positioning, since you could easily infer which direction they're heading in once they appear. It looks like a cool effect, though.

thelemba
Level 0

-lemba-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 11:28:20 AM »

bump! first gameplay video of Stellar Arms! this one shows the first miniboss in this game, we did change the color of the dance floor several times to make sure it doesn't look too flashy

Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 01:20:32 PM »

I love this! I really dig the music and sound.

my twitter. my itch.io page.
thelemba
Level 0

-lemba-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 08:06:08 AM »

Bump!

Sorry for the lack of updates from me, I’ve been really busy working on multiple projects at once, if you follow our fb or twitter you may have known that we’re working on a new game called #projecthadoken, our schedule right now is 3 days for #projecthadoken and 3 days for Stellar Arms, I guess that explains a bit why our progress is a bit slow…

So, in past few weeks, we made couple of decisions

Simplifying Pitfall Phase

Originally, this phase was supposed to be another boss fight with tetris, I was thinking of a boss battle while player is falling, I thought that would be awesome, but since the amount of content we put in stage 1 is already pretty high, we need to change it. I won’t spoil it in details, but I can tell you that it exists in most of platinumgames’ games :D

Stage 1 Part 2

Overall we have made around 3 kinds of basic enemies and all of them are already placed in first couple of screens. We discussed a bit about this and I think it’s better if we spread out a bit the enemy placement.

FYI, there are 3 kinds of enemies in this one screen..

I’m thinking about placing yoyo goey in phase 2 but I’m kinda having mixed feeling about this since regianart (aka Jubi or reijubv), one of Stellar Arms artist want to add more goey. but to put this in realistic side, we need to deliver the demo asap and I think we already have enough enemies.

Pluie (end stage boss)

Honestly when I first started prototyping Stellar Arms, there’s a gimmick for attack pattern design that I think will make this game unique, I call it “particle weapons”.

It’s ironic that the first thing I thought about this game ends up to be implemented last. Hopefully, we will start working on #Pluie on March!

Alright this all I got for now…thank you and hope you enjoyed this update!

@aldo : thanks for the love! <3

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic