Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:24:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKODAMA - 2D Hand Painted Physics platformer - KICKSTARTING
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: KODAMA - 2D Hand Painted Physics platformer - KICKSTARTING  (Read 16116 times)
Dan_Tsukasa
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

You've got email

Can you let me know the address you sent it to please, I don't seem to have anything.
Ito
Level 0

Currently making "Spirit Huntress"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »

I love the art in this! The gameplay seems to be pretty good too. The main character is really original, I love how his appearance changes as his life gets drained out.

I wish you the best of lucks through the remaining of your Kickstarter campaign! (and I also have no idea why this isn't funded yet O.o, people seem  to be neglecting a lot of wonderful projects as of late...)

Twitter: @itoaragon
Tumblr: Spirit Huntress.
skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 02:10:47 AM »

Update 7

Hey guys, its been a while since the last update, I sent out a trailer that was not very well received, so I'm remaking that now for the kickstarter.

Other changes in Kodama have really just been behind the scenes, very little cosmetic touches made, that said here are some gifs of the few visual things that have changed.

The shadow now works correctly:
in total.

Wow, your characters are really well done! Great jumping animation, but perhaps it should have a bit more squash and stretch (just an idea)?
Keeping tabs on this, it looks great!

TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 10:08:01 PM »

Update 4

This updates been a few days in coming, I'm currently out of the country so doing Kodama things isn't as easy as it was before.

Anyway, today I did a quick test of an ougane 大鐘 (Great Bell) and a Shumoku (special Clapper for this kind of bell, essentially its a log on ropes) together.

Its far from perfect, the physics will take a while to get right, especially for the rope, and the movement code for Kodama pulling the log needs sorting out too. but essentially speaking, Kodama is able to pull the shumoku(clapper) back and ram it into the bell, this will actually serve a gameplay purpose of course.

Quick gif to show the shumoku layer being turned on and how the phyics are instantly applied, not perfect as I said but good. I'll be making the vines on the log use vine physics too, so they move about when the object does, instead of sitting stiff as a statue

Bare in mind that this scene, unlike all the others so far, isn't actually from the game itself, its just a small test, thats why the scale is all skewed.

And an additional gif of Kodama bowing to say thankyou to all the interested forum members.

Would be nice to know how did you achieve the rope things.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2016, 05:06:50 AM »

oh Sad  i expected to see the author of this game working on this game again...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic