Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:29:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUberleben - 7 player hotseat cave diving game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Uberleben - 7 player hotseat cave diving game  (Read 8342 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »

I want to play it buy the game runs really slow and slows my whole computer down, took ages to start up too.

I've got windows XP

That is strange, since even my Not-able-to-run-warcraft-3 XP runs it fine. Probably something with the video card or something.

Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 06:01:22 PM »

Wow - just finally got around to playing this, and loving it! Grin

The graphics and animation are wonderfully distinctive, and the level of difference between the levels was a surprising pleasure.  I've played it with three players so far...  Seven?  Dear me! Shocked

One thing that bugs me a little is that the game doesn't seem to remember from session to session what options I've set.  Having to put it in full-screen, change the difficulty and the controls every time I run it becomes a bit of a drag.

Otherwise, brilliant stuff!  Beer!

Point of interest: one of the first things to cross my mind when I played it was that it's actually a bit like a 3D version of the deceptively brilliant one-button DOS game Urthwurm - which I thought was a fairly obscure connection to have made, until a friend joined me for a few rounds earlier, and one of his first comments was, "It's a bit like a 3D version of that game Urthwurm, isn't it?"

Go figure. Wink

ExciteMike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »

Shocked Oh my god it's 2am.  I have been playing this game for over an hour and I only stopped because my eyes were starting to hurt trying to beat my record on ridiculous molten.

And that was all just 1-player.  The next time any friends are anywhere near me, I am forcing them to play this.

SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:27 AM »

This game is awesome, love the sound, the concept, the graphics pretty much most of it. If I have one criticism it would be that there isn't much in terms of information about how to play the game what the collectable things are.

great game tho

ortoslon
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »

I have been playing this game for over an hour and I only stopped because my eyes were starting to hurt trying to beat my record on ridiculous molten.

My record on ridiculous dry storm (probably the easiest level) is 10:10. I was killed with a screensaver (which you should disable if you're playing with a gamepad).
ortoslon
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:14 PM »

Das Überleben 3.0 fallthroughs on ridiculous (the two-minute difficulty)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 02:50:55 PM by ortoslon » Logged
teknogames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »

I have updated Uberleben to 3.1 adding one final update that completely changes the game. The feature is "spin".

Watch a youtube video of it here:

Download Here

MrChocolateBear
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »

Excellent video! The spin puts a twist on things (pardon the pun). Downloading the game as we speak!

Boxycraft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 05:45:01 AM »

Wow, I have to say this is excellent! A really fun game!

Its great that theres nothing to it and you can just pick up and play, and have so much fun! And also I love multiplayer games that use the same computer!

Good job! Hand Thumbs Up Left Wink
Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 05:07:07 AM »

I'm loving the spin on the new version - this has got to be one of my favourite games for a while, and the spin makes it even more gloriously vicious. Wink

However, please please could the game remember the options setup between sessions?  Having to set everything again from scratch every time is a pain!

Also, a little suggestion for an extra option: a "Choose Randomly" setting for the level-type.  For multiplayer games, it'd be great to have the level-type and the spin-type both chosen randomly each time the game is started. Smiley

Ryan

DarkSoul520
Level 0

Yummy Pixels

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 05:44:08 AM »

Wow, great game!
The design and everything in this game come together very well to create something very fun and entertaining.
I think I laughed every time I heard that splat noise when I hit something.

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 05:45:13 AM »

Well we're having loads of fun playing this at school with some friends. At some point we managed to get 6 players at a time.e
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »

Well we're having loads of fun playing this at school with some friends. At some point we managed to get 6 players at a time.e

Same here! God, this is an awesome multiplayer! It's über-popular!XD
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 04:05:15 AM »

I had real trouble with this on my Vista rig. The framerate is so low I think I probably counted about 3 seconds between each second on the clock.

This makes me sad because it looks fantastic and I want to play :<
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 05:08:04 AM »

your games are awesome!

dry storm ftw Smiley

great stuff

ortoslon
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 01:47:45 AM »

playthroughs of all stages on ridiculous with player guided spin (the best kind of spin) http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=57812A4C0064F425
DavidN
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »

This is excellent - you've taken a very simple avoidance idea and made it just... intangibly fun. Getting through a difficult series of near misses seems fantastic - and as others have mentioned, it's got some really nice touches in it like showing the path that you took when it's over.

It also makes me miss living with my siblings for its promise of the multiplayer mode, and anything that can do that is probably well into Nobel Prize territory Smiley I still found myself turning the other players on to see how long they survived (not long).

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic