Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:08:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAltitude - cartoon multiplayer action (testers wanted)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Altitude - cartoon multiplayer action (testers wanted)  (Read 12571 times)
CountZero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »

looks interesting. currently installing.

Anyway is this in any way related to the altitude dogfighting game that was out a couple of years back?

ill post more impressions when i play this thing
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »

Don't let that ruin it for you!

In the chat thingie, type:

/vote kick <playername>

You can also start votes for map changes the same way. There's even a drop-down text menu thingie that helps you pick what you want Smiley
I did, but then he came back and everyone got mad at me. He was saying offensive things lastnight too.
lamster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:49 PM »

Thanks for the feedback - I will definitely consider adding some more game modes down the line (once all the perks and everything else is done).

Regarding rude players, the best solution is to mute them.  Hold tab to show the scoreboard, then click the player's name and select "Mute player ..." from the popup menu.  As someone else mentioned, you can also disable chat altogether under Options -> Disable Chat.  I hope a few bad seeds don't ruin the fun for anyone else!
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »

I got an idea. The Beta Testers from TIG source should get free membership ( When the full game is released. )

No, I have to disagree with this. I think we should have to pay. After all, he should get the support he deserves.
(Plus it's not like he's forcing you to play the game, he's letting you enjoy it early. Now you want even more and want it free?  Giggle tsk tsk)
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 03:22:53 PM »

1 Parents probally wouldn't let me use their paypall and 2 if I don't get it and alot of others do then can just own me and it doesn't make it fair which means it's boring.
And Cyarus is kicking me and calling me an idiot(In ruder words. Probally not best to say on here....). You need to ban some people..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:28:26 PM by Navineous » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 03:32:04 PM »

How old are you, Navineous? Shocked

Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »

I mean if I asked. Cause' this isn't popular. Yet....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:46:50 AM by Navineous » Logged
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »

and 2 if I don't get it and alot of others do then can just own me and it doesn't make it fair which means it's boring.
Hand Thumbs Down Left Screamy Hand Thumbs Down Right
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »

Holy crap, you have no idea how much I've wanted a good 2D dogfighting game.  Grin Downloading right now.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

Wow, I just played this for like four hours straight with two friends! Great fun, this! Awesome!  Hand Thumbs Up LeftAddictedHand Thumbs Up Right

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Zen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:31 AM »

I'm so glad I stumbled across this.  Excellent game.
Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »

Haha, very addictive! Beer!

Even though it was kind of tough when you got thrown into multiplayer, but blind luck and a lot of suicides eventually gave me some levels Tongue
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »

Haha, very addictive! Beer!

Even though it was kind of tough when you got thrown into multiplayer, but blind luck and a lot of suicides eventually gave me some levels Tongue

Heh, guess I played with you a lot today/yesterday Grin

This game's great fun, I've played it for hours. There are indeed some rude people, as is the norm in online multiplayer games, but it's on tolerable levels, and with the mute function it shouldn't cause any trouble.

One annoying thing is getting stuck in a pit on the ground and having no choice but dying because your afterburner is too weak to take you out of it. It's a minor annoyance though.

I'm wondering whether the perks don't need some more balancing. Lots of people seem to be playing with Heavy Armor because there is hardly any noticeable difference in speed between using it and not using it...
lamster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2009, 09:47:10 AM »

I'm wondering whether the perks don't need some more balancing. Lots of people seem to be playing with Heavy Armor because there is hardly any noticeable difference in speed between using it and not using it...
Yes, they do! I am currently in the middle of balancing and implementing the final perks.

We'd love some help from the community coming up with ideas for a few more perks.  If you'd like to contribute, please stop by the Perk Brainstorming Thread here: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »

Heh, guess I played with you a lot today/yesterday Grin
That we did, and you killed me soooo many times if I recall correctly  Tongue:handthumbsupR:
I pretty much suck most of the time, but I'm still having great funs!
One annoying thing is getting stuck in a pit on the ground and having no choice but dying because your afterburner is too weak to take you out of it. It's a minor annoyance though.

Yeah, this kind of gets to you. I think that the Stalling-feature is great, but whenever you stall and you're within a certain distance of the ground, or as you said - in a pit of somekind, you're always doomed...

Oh well, great game like I said, and I'll probably get stuck playing tons more tonight...
I'll pop over to the other forum and see if I can brainstorm some more perks, though maybe I should do that after I've leveled up enough to get all the existing ones Tongue

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2009, 06:17:48 PM »

I'd love to play this, but...

Any help?

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
lamster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »

I'd love to play this, but...
Strangely enough, I think the problem is with the ! in your username.  During the installation we try to write files to your local temp dir which includes your username and hence an exclamation mark.  Exclamation marks in any part of the install path (downloaded installer, install dir, or temp dir) will cause a resource lookup failure.  You can log in as a different user or create a new WindowsXP user (one without special characters) to install the game, or reconfigure your temporary directory to exclude the ! [My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Environment Variables button]

Sorry for the inconvenience.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:21 AM »

Thanks for the help. I'll change my name so this will be the last time it will happen.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »

This looks a bit like the dogfight sequences in Ancient Art of War in the Skies. And that is good praise Smiley

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic