Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:39:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHunted
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hunted  (Read 3387 times)
Markus Rosse
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:29:29 AM »

Hi gals

I made a new game. Main focus for me was on the graphics (because I'm more graphical designer then coder). So, please allow me to use copy&paste from my readme.txt

>Memories_
This game is a remake of an old
ascii dos game I used to play
when I was a kid.

>Mission_
Your mission is to destroy all
the bots in the playfield. Every
step you do, the bots comes one
tile nearer. If they steps on
a mine, the vanishs. If you step
on a mine, you die.

>Controls_
You can move your player in
every direction. Use the numeric
keypad with NUM LOCK ON to move
your player. Use [5] if you want to
stay. With [SPACE] you generate a
new level. With [ESC] you quit the
game.

7  8  9 (NUM LOCK ON)
  \ | /
4 - 5 - 6 + [SPACE]
  / | \
 1  2  3 [ESC] to quit

Here is a screenshot:

And the official download:
http://markus.art-fx.org/upload/hunted10.zip

now have phun Smiley
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:44:52 AM by Markus Rosse » Logged
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »

Ah! I saw the graphics on Pixelation. Massive improvement there.
Though I'm quite familiar with the game, having played a less beautiful version quite a lot.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »

Pretty cool game. I like the graphics, looks great! Grin It would be nice if there were some animations though, like the bombs exploding so its easier to see which enemies were killed. You should also make harder playing levels (I was able to win almost every single time without hardly even trying). You could have the harder levels in bigger arenas with more enemies.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »

Comin' at'cha with some harder difficulties yo!
Put these into your game folder and remove the number at the end.
Hunted 1 is pretty much 'Hard' and Hunted 2 is 'Insane'. Smiley

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »

Hmmm... You definitvely have to give us more feedback. You have to tell us how the enemies are moving so we can try to figure out their movement patterns. You have to tell us clearly if we've been killed by enemies or mines.

I didn't know they were mines until I read the post... Perhaps make them more like classic mines with a flashing red light... Perhpas just the flashing red light on what you have there would help alot.

I'd have more enemy behaviors and have more fixed levels. Now, it's very randomy and I can't seem to find how I'm supposed to move to win. I have no strategy, I simply press an arrow that will not move me into a mine. I like games with a bit more startegies...

The idea isn't bad, but I think we need alot more feedback to tell us if what we're doing is ok or not, tell us how the computer is reacting and what happened after our move.

Later!

Markus Rosse
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 01:21:17 AM »

>Guert
You are right. It need a lot of work / polish. The move-algorithm of the bots is quite easy (on purpose). If the are in the same line (horizontal or vertical), they move straight towards you. If the are somewhere else, they move diagonally until they are in a straight line of you. Then they behave as mentioned above.

I'm going to polish they game, but since I'm busy until new year, it's not going to be finished until then I think.

If you find the graphics hard to recognise, try to use the classic-game-skin. Just change the first line in hunted.cfg from hunted.png to hunted_classic.png.

>others
Thanks for your comments.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 05:12:14 AM »

Ah! Simple indeed! I think this is the main issue with the game. Once you know, there are no problems. Showing them move will make it all clear.

I'll try the other artwork just out of curiosity! Wink

Later!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic