Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411961 Posts in 69436 Topics- by 58480 Members - Latest Member: MichaelM

June 13, 2024, 09:39:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTriton - A fish open-world simulation/action game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Triton - A fish open-world simulation/action game  (Read 921 times)
forfun
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »

Hello, this is the basic gameplay structure of a game I am working on.

Hand Fork Left
You are a fish. There are other fish and animals. You must find a mate to create a new generation. Based on how you play (Not by choosing directly), the new generation will have an improvement to what the last generation did. In this way, every fish in the game will evolve based on how it choose to live, eat, etc. You must establish a home to protect your species, or travel in a group around the ocean as nomads. One last ability is to evolve in the sense of growing limbs and also, constructing a submarine-like device that takes animal-animal combat to a new level.
Hand Knife Right

So, if you would, try the demo at the link and tell me if you would be interested in a game with that demo as the core gameplay of the whole game.

Demo: https://www.mediafire.com/?uudmhdmbn8xx3u3
W: Move forward
A: Turn counterclockwise
D: Turn clockwise
S: Move backward

Like the concept? Like my new Facebook page.

Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Triton/491342520975332

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:44:28 AM by forfun » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »

Removed duplicate thread.
forfun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:48:21 PM »

Removed duplicate thread.

Thank you, wrong section.
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »

Is the only thing to your concept just swimming around? If so, no. If you were to make a game where you put a lot more into it, then maybe. Like starting out as a baby fish, playing out your life and trying to survive while becoming stronger, then finding a mate and becoming the next baby fish. Maybe even managing a whole school of fish or something. If it's just swimming though, then I don't understand your concept.

Also, I don't know if it was a glitch or not, but when the game started, I tried to move backwards and instead, the fish went forwards and wouldn't stop moving at all.

forfun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »

Is the only thing to your concept just swimming around? If so, no. If you were to make a game where you put a lot more into it, then maybe. Like starting out as a baby fish, playing out your life and trying to survive while becoming stronger, then finding a mate and becoming the next baby fish. Maybe even managing a whole school of fish or something. If it's just swimming though, then I don't understand your concept.

Also, I don't know if it was a glitch or not, but when the game started, I tried to move backwards and instead, the fish went forwards and wouldn't stop moving at all.

I have a big concept. This is just the game play fundamentals. And are you sure you realized you were the fish on the bottom right?
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »

Yes, I knew I was the bottom fish. It just wasn't controlling properly for some reason.

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »

Controls aside, what you've got is a crude tech-demo. Flesh out your idea on paper, plan, plan, plan and then do some more planning. Once you've solidified the idea tell us about it; if it makes sense we can project your ideas onto your demo. For example:

"As you can see, you control Piscaso, a red fish in the blue ocean, all seems normal until Piscaso comes across a strange paint that inverts his color. Alienated from his shoal he travels further into unchartered territories and realises that his color is only the beginning as he rapidly evolves wings, legs, armour and eventually embarks on a land-based "evolutionary war" with alien invaders,  the only thing is everything in the land-world is alien. Who are natives and who are invaders?"

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
forfun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »

Controls aside, what you've got is a crude tech-demo. Flesh out your idea on paper, plan, plan, plan and then do some more planning. Once you've solidified the idea tell us about it; if it makes sense we can project your ideas onto your demo. For example:

"As you can see, you control Piscaso, a red fish in the blue ocean, all seems normal until Piscaso comes across a strange paint that inverts his color. Alienated from his shoal he travels further into unchartered territories and realises that his color is only the beginning as he rapidly evolves wings, legs, armour and eventually embarks on a land-based "evolutionary war" with alien invaders,  the only thing is everything in the land-world is alien. Who are natives and who are invaders?"

You are a fish. There are other fish and animals. You must find a mate to create a new generation. Based on how you play (Not by choosing directly), the new generation will have an improvement to what the last generation did. In this way, every fish in the game will evolve based on how it choose to live, eat, etc. You must establish a home to protect your species, or travel in a group around the ocean as nomads. One last ability is to evolve in the sense of growing limbs and also, constructing a submarine-like device that takes animal-animal combat to a new level.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »

I like that! So you'll be tracking and analysing all the different actions, say: swimming, darting, grazing, defending, attacking, mating and then the next generation will be an amplification of those attributes?

Quite honestly, that sounds really fun!

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
forfun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »

I like that! So you'll be tracking and analysing all the different actions, say: swimming, darting, grazing, defending, attacking, mating and then the next generation will be an amplification of those attributes?

Quite honestly, that sounds really fun!

Yes like that! For example, if you tend to dig shelter for yourself (You can make caves out of coral) then the next generation will have a larger central body for better defense because you are essentially stating you wish to be defensive rather than offensive!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic