Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:01:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Lorne's lOin's Coder RecrUitment Tread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lorne's lOin's Coder RecrUitment Tread  (Read 4480 times)
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:49:53 PM »

LOCRUT!
I needs a slave, who likes to program. I have many awesome ideas, you see, but codin' ain't too much to my fancy.
I mean, oh, look at this:

Now, it goes without saying that I am the most awesome person in the world. I can also entertain said "slave" with witty banter as they make my dreams come true with their logic-oriented mind.
Anyone interested?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

Okay, I'll bite.

What sort of project(s) are you interested in working on, for what platform(s) and what sort of timeframe(s)... (s)?

Also, is this the sort of thing where potential coders would be able to share their own awesome ideas in a creative development environment, or the sort of thing where you will rule over all ideas with an iron fist in a post-apocalyptic development Thunderdome?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:57:17 AM »

Aight! Sweet! (Take note I'm tired as hell as I write this)
The first thing I'd like to make is the game that that thar's a mockup for. Turn-based and tile-based, so it in theory shouldn't be too hard, plus it's got a fair share of graphics and concepts done for it. After that I have a few ideas, but I'd like to work more closely with the programinator (In fact, this project would also serve as a way of judging whether I like ze' person).
Platform wise: Computers? I only have windows. I dunno.
Timeframe: I dunno! :D
And no, I'm not gonna be ruling with an iron-fist. I'd prefer if the programmer has (almost?) the same part in decision making as I.

This is intended as more of a side project. After this, preferably, t'would lead to a commercial endeavor.

Hopefully, I didn't just sound like a jackass, or an idiot, in my sleep-deprived hysteria.
-Lorne

I could also post more info on the TBS game tomorrow, if ya'd like.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »

Yeah, I'm game. I have a Mac and a PC and development environments set up for both. It should be pretty quick to implement something tile based using SDL or one of its equivalents.

I basically have nothing but time now, as I'm just doing a bit of consulting work while I wait for school to start up again.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 12:00:12 PM »

Also, I'm not sure what kind of backstory you have planned, but for some reason my incidental Thunderdome reference along with the general badlands-esque atmosphere of the mockup make me think it should be about an alternate post-global-climate-change future where humanity is gone and adorable, gas-powered robots fight over the last of the world's oil.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »

:D Interesting!

Do you have an IM client like AIM, ICQ, or MSN? T'would simplify communication.

Smiley

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 03:32:40 PM »

*coughRGSAPIcough*

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »

*coughmysterioussdlsetupbugscough*
*coughplusthisdoesn'trequireIlearnanythingcough*

Excuse me.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »

*coughmentionittoyourslavecough*

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 08:23:13 PM »

A quick Google search indicates RGS as the 'Royal Grouse Society of Canada.'

Despite your recommendation, I think I will refrain from developing any applications on the noble grouse, as I would prefer production was not delayed by their elaborate courtship displays.

Seriously, though, what's RGSAPI?

Also, you can MSN me at [email protected] if you'd like.

Also also, I dislike the term slave. I would prefer to be addressed as a 'differently freedomed person.'

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic