Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411992 Posts in 69441 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 17, 2024, 02:32:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParcool - A speedrunning platformer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Parcool - A speedrunning platformer  (Read 4686 times)
nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 12:59:58 AM »

Made some promo art for a change. I updated the first post with this as well.

I've been working on audio related things for the last couple of days, so I obviously can't show any progress, but here's an older gif I made for a friend to demonstrate how powerful my component based entities are. It's pretty much possible to combine everything with anything, for instance, laser beams on a spinning track that follows the player:

naezith
Level 2

Remnants of Naezith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 04:00:49 AM »

I am happy to see games similar to mine, mechanics look very smooth. I will be following, good luck!  Coffee

(in promo art she looks super ugly at the same time trying to look sexy, has she got a story?)

nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »

@naezith Thanks man. As for the protagonist, well, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder Undecided

Her name is Alpha. She doesn't really have a story yet, I'm not too concerned with it atm. Right now I'm more focused on getting the actual game to a playable state
lobstersteve
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 01:40:09 AM »

Thanks man. As for the protagonist, well, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder Undecided
Her face does look ugly  Tongue
And not in some kind of "not girly - therefore ugly" way, it's kinda just a typical ugly girl face from cartoons. Like bob's burgers or something, pretty clear that they resemble not - so attractive people^^
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 02:27:31 AM »

Wow! Between this and Naezith, there are some seriously promising-looking speedrunnable games in development right now. Really astonished that you managed to whip this up completely from scratch! What (if any) libraries are you using?
nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 06:23:56 AM »

Her face does look ugly  Tongue
And not in some kind of "not girly - therefore ugly" way, it's kinda just a typical ugly girl face from cartoons. Like bob's burgers or something, pretty clear that they resemble not - so attractive people^^
It's really not supposed to, though :0 I mean she's not a typical pretty girl but I wouldn't call her ugly. I suppose the pesrpective is less than flattering. Here, I drew a quick sketch of her from a more normal angle:

Wow! Between this and Naezith, there are some seriously promising-looking speedrunnable games in development right now. Really astonished that you managed to whip this up completely from scratch! What (if any) libraries are you using?

Thanks! Gentleman I use SDL 2 for audio and input, openGL for rendering (does that count?), and that's about it.
nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 02:54:32 AM »

Just dropping by to make a quick post on lighting progress. I've kinda been going back and forth trying to decide whether I want 2d or 3d-lighting, and finally settled on 3d. And it's looking pretty sweet! Took a while to wrap my head around all the tangent space stuff, but there it is, with normal maps and realistic decay:

School will be over soon for the summer, so that means more time for game dev! I do have a job, but it's not going to take all of my time. I'm still aiming to release a demo this year!  Coffee
nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2016, 09:13:52 AM »

Particle systems now support multiple emitters. I'm also reading them from a file, to prevent having to hard code them. This is still pretty bare bones and currently only supports scale, rotation, and sprite animations pretty much, but I'll add more features as I need them.
nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »

Even though this is a 2D game, I'm going to have some 3D props because, well, I can, and also because it makes the lighting look more realistic. Still trying to figure out how to texture these, what the perfect balance of real and fake lighting is etc.
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »

Alpha is pretty cute in the pixel art! I think she's okay in the promo art, except for one part: her abs. I think if you remove just one of the shadows around the belly button, it'll look better (sometimes I look at it, and it resembles a pillow).

nekromantikko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 03:27:02 AM »

Thanks! I'll probably completely redraw the promo art later
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic