Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:40:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpace Cabrón (previously Back to Earth)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Space Cabrón (previously Back to Earth)  (Read 15588 times)
Gueib
Level 1

don't be jealous of my boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 11:44:46 AM »

Remade the background. Thinking of recoloring the player.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »

New background looks great, just gotta adjust all the other stuff to it now. Especially the player which needs to be lighter.

Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »

New background looks great, just gotta adjust all the other stuff to it now. Especially the player which needs to be lighter.

I actually got mad trying to change the player's colors to my liking and rage quit Photoshop.
Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:46 PM »

Colors and particles. Don't know if I'll keep the particles, tho.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »

woah, nice progress!

Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:47 PM »

New video with new colors:
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »

The game looks pretty smooth, I'm interested to see where it goes. I don't like the outlines around the sprites, the ones mid way up this page look much better IMO.

Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 10:03:57 AM »

The game looks pretty smooth, I'm interested to see where it goes. I don't like the outlines around the sprites, the ones mid way up this page look much better IMO.

Thanks! Here's a comparison:
http://i.imgur.com/WMt0O7B.gif
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »

Yeah, it looks better without the outlines now.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:50 AM »

Hey, this looks cool, I like the way it's shaping up. I think you could use some Anti-aliasing on the corners of the larger sprites, but it's good so far! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »

Hey, this looks cool, I like the way it's shaping up. I think you could use some Anti-aliasing on the corners of the larger sprites, but it's good so far! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Thanks, dude. Truth is I'm a shitty artist, but I'll look into that.
wearepinata
Level 0

Piñata Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »

Never remove particles! Unless of course they're affecting performance Wink This is looking good though. I agree that it looks better without the outlines on the sprites. If you're looking for ideas on colour palettes might I suggest just getting a screenshot from your favourite game and eye-dropping some of those. Then you can just tweak them to your liking. Or there's always Adobe Kuler for Photoshop (which is free) to help pick out complementary colours. Anyway, I am keen to follow this game - it's looking fun!

Piñata Games
Facebook // Twitter

We made Tamak and Magnetix
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »

I second the no outlines. Also don't record with your mouse pointer in the middle of the screen. Wink

Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 04:50:33 AM »

Never remove particles! Unless of course they're affecting performance Wink This is looking good though. I agree that it looks better without the outlines on the sprites. If you're looking for ideas on color palettes might I suggest just getting a screenshot from your favorite game and eye-dropping some of those. Then you can just tweak them to your liking. Or there's always Adobe Kuler for Photoshop (which is free) to help pick out complementary colors. Anyway, I am keen to follow this game - it's looking fun!

Thanks a lot! I've known Kuler for some time now, but I don't have the habit of using it,  even though it's a fantastic tool. (Go figure.)

The feel I'm going for here is green tones = resistant, pink-ish/purple-ish tones = standard. I'll definitely expand the palette, as I intend to make bullets that deactivate the shield rather than be reflected by it, to increase the game's dodgy-ness.

I second the no outlines. Also don't record with your mouse pointer in the middle of the screen. Wink
The outlines are definitely gone! Sorry for the mouse pointer, I didn't notice it, haha.
Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »

One of the new environments I'm working on.

Been kinda busy outside of game dev, but there's some progress I didn't report here. Started studying to implement multiplayer co-op and finished some animations to make a trailer for the game. Will probably put this on Greenlight in some months.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »

One of the new environments I'm working on.

Been kinda busy outside of game dev, but there's some progress I didn't report here. Started studying to implement multiplayer co-op and finished some animations to make a trailer for the game. Will probably put this on Greenlight in some months.

new bg is so purdy

Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »

Here it is moving:
jeffrobot
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 12:28:52 AM »

Wow that looks awesome. Great use of parallax.
Gueib
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 01:39:46 PM »

Thanks a lot, man.

One of the new sets.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 02:37:38 PM »

The teal doesn't look as good in this palette. Might want to play with the colors again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic