Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:30:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBound Souls - RPG project
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Bound Souls - RPG project  (Read 9680 times)
Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »

@migrafael 
Thank you!

@Guv
Cool ill give it a go tomorrow, cheers Smiley

@Juan Raigada
Thanks man! i have some combat in at the moment but nothing worth showing as of yet.
Although the combat will play out like most typical turn based rpg's. Player attacks on their turn, then the enemies attack on their turn and so on.

@hube
Thanks mate! appreciate the kind words  Smiley
And cheers for making a note on the sig banner, changed it to a new simple one..hopefully looks better?

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »

Fantastic!

Stunning artwork and turn-based gameplay?

*Notification, on*

Keep up the good work!

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »

It looks great, the palette and the backgrounds are gorgeous!

I think the shield on the main character concept is a bit out of tune with the rest, but these indoors windows and wall details are so pretty!

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 01:45:28 AM »

The art is beautiful! If you have some breakthrough with gif-making let us know! I've been wondering the best way to make them myself.

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 04:14:48 AM »

Those screenshots look amazing. I saw "RPGMaker" in the OP and thought "hmpf", then scrolled down a little and went "oh my god!" Wink

About the gifs, I use LICEcap and it works great, but your screens are way too colorful to fit in a normal gif. I suppose you'd have to use a better program that can properly convert to "nearest" colors (though then the quality won't be very representative of what you've done there!).

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »

more of this game please thanks

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »

@M4uesviecr
Turn based combat*  Wink
Thanks man glad you like it!

@Sved
Cheers! hmm probably I'm still in the process of designing stuff so hopefully i can iron out any stuff that doesn't fit, its very early yet so things will most likely not gel.

@Thomas Finch
Thanks! sure will do mate.  Grin

@Kyzrati
Haha I'm sure most people will think the same, seems like there aren't many rpg maker games that break the norm...
Cheers for the help with gifs, been meaning to give Licecap a go!

@Rabbit
Working on it  Addicted

Small Update

Just going to do a small update, Ive been thinking about creating more characters to populate the world. The limitations i have are 32x32 pixels so with that in mind Ive been thinking about going back to the main characters and trying out something new!

The guy on the left is the original character, but after sketching out a few other characters the main character just looked so top heavy and would look weird with other characters in the world, so i quickly went in and made some edits (second on the left) he has a small head and seems more in proportion with other characters. The main character is only meant to be in his teens so he shouldn't be as big as others.

Here's how its looking in a scene.

Any thoughts would be cool, keeping in mind everything is still rough and a WIP  Coffee

juavazmor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 01:49:15 PM »

Man... I LOVE the color palette and the art style!! You are a great artist! Can't wait to see some gameplay!

Check out our game's DevLog - 'Crossing Souls': http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38599.0

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »

Is the stylistic difference between the characters and the background intentional, or is this because it's WIP? The proportions definitely look better for the main character now, but it seems odd that the background is so colorful and sharp while the characters are fuzzy and dark. It's almost like you're going against the normal grain of making the characters stand out *more*.

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 12:13:39 AM »

@juavazmor
Thanks man!  Smiley

@Kyzrati
Hmm its not intentional...i guess I'm just not quite there yet with getting everything to tie in together, thanks for pointing it out to me though ill work on it  Smiley ...the characters are definitely still an early WIP but its something i should keep in mind!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 04:06:53 AM »

BTW, if you're still experimenting with anigifs, you can do both the screen-grab and the conversion to gif with ffmpeg:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20grab%20the%20desktop%20%28screen%29%20with%20FFmpeg

http://askubuntu.com/questions/107726/how-to-create-animated-gif-images-of-a-screencast

(FFMpeg answer)
Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »

@JobLeonard
Cool man, thanks!

Update
Some more character exploration, hopefully hes looking a bit brighter...not really sure what direction to go with him now, i need to keep him pretty plain-ish... you can get Armour in the game so its unlikely you'll even see him like this for long.

Gueib
Level 1

don't be jealous of my boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »

Looks awesome!

I really like the fourth and sixth one.
Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 12:18:23 AM »

Cheers man!

I think there my favorite too, although im not sure if i should have the player with any kind of Armour in 6..as i want the first upgrade in Armour to look like a big change and make you look badass!  Cool

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 12:40:19 AM »

Looking super duper sweet!

Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »

@NinthPower
Cheers dude!

Update
Heres a WIP of a shiny new room I'm making, its where the player can spend skill points.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »

So shiny  Crazy

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »

Actually, more bloomy than shiny. Looks good though.
Danton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »

Looks fantastic, love the art style and use of lighting!

Unto The End - Wishlist on Steam
Beaulamb1992
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2014, 04:40:37 AM »

@Slader16
 Evil

@JobLeonard
Gotta love the bloom!  Corny Laugh

@WarCow
Much appreciated man!

Tiny update
Neglected working on this for a little while been doing something none game dev related which had to be done quickly before i missed an opportunity! so i apologise for that i hope to get back into the swing of things again. For now heres another mock up for the next room where you can buy all your potions from for when you embark on your travels Smiley (You'll have to imagine the room full with potions and crap for now, sorry i know a bit boring to look at!)

(An empty echo whistles through the room.....)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic