Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412074 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58484 Members - Latest Member: bigdog243

June 26, 2024, 04:35:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS SONIC UNLEASHED DEMO
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS SONIC UNLEASHED DEMO  (Read 4536 times)
The-Imp
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

On the Xbox only... I think... Well I played it, it was actually much more fun than I expected!

Go download!
gogogo

Oh, and thankfully, no werehog in the demo.
 Beer!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »

Pity I haven't heard much positive feedback for that game.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

I can't judge, but I too heard it was pretty mediocre. And had too many cutscenes.

At least mediocre is a big step up from flaming failing awfulness.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »

I can't judge, but I too heard it was pretty mediocre. And had too many cutscenes.

And bestiality  Embarrassed
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »

The 3D Sonic games are a perfect example of developers feeling like they have to pad out a pure, straightforward experience with filler to make it feel "worth" the money paid for the game. Why not just produce a shorter game that's fun 100% of the way through? I'm amazed that after so many poorly-received titles, they still haven't gotten the message.

The-Imp
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »

The 3D Sonic games are a perfect example of developers feeling like they have to pad out a pure, straightforward experience with filler to make it feel "worth" the money paid for the game. Why not just produce a shorter game that's fun 100% of the way through? I'm amazed that after so many poorly-received titles, they still haven't gotten the message.
They're pleaseing the ever-growing species, know as the fangirls. They should just make a Sonic Adventure Three, and base the gameplay off of IT. No gimmicks, no more annoying supporting characters, and make the gameplay the same through-out the whole game.

Base it on the Hedgehog engine. YOU'VE GOT A PERFECTLY FINE GAME.
 Beer!

For the fangirls, obviously.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »

You wouldn't complain if they were dolphins. Well, hello there!

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »

I can't really understand why Sonic has to be in three dimensions. Isn't the whole point of the series to go so fast you disappear off of the right side of the screen and magically pass through objects to beat Green Hill Zone Act 1 in twenty four seconds?
The-Imp
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »

I can't really understand why Sonic has to be in three dimensions. Isn't the whole point of the series to go so fast you disappear off of the right side of the screen and magically pass through objects to beat Green Hill Zone Act 1 in twenty four seconds?
I've never done this...
Zaphos
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:32 PM »

I think it's more about the consumer's perception of value, which demands 3D for a full console release.  The sonic game on DS was 2D.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »

You wouldn't complain if they were dolphins. Well, hello there!
Oh, man. True dat. Kiss
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »

Sure. You can do this in 3D, though. The trick is to keep the gameplay 2D. I mean, Super Smash Brothers does this and does it well by confining the camera to a fixed side view and confining player movement to two axes. I thought this was what they were doing in Sonic Unleashed, but noooo, they just had to throw in those stupid werehog sequences.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »

Sonic Team are a bit like that guy at the office Christmas party. You know, that guy.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »

The guy that smells of rancid cheese, eats everything that's on the fridge and then lets the host know his fridge is empty, and proceeds to try and win chicks that couldn't be more disgusted with him, trying to aim for the most drunk ones?

The-Imp
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »

I think it's more about the consumer's perception of value, which demands 3D for a full console release.  The sonic game on DS was 2D.
2.5D
The character models are 3D, the enemies, 2D.

I thing the stage are models, just not done in real-time.

Oh, and you nailed it Melly.
PaleFox
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 08:08:21 PM »

Sonic Team are a bit like that guy at the office Christmas party. You know, that guy.

I kind of agree. This is probably why the DS games were better: they were done by another company (DIMPS). I note this company also did daytime level design for the PS2/Wii version of the new game, which could explain why people say those parts of that version are good. I haven't played it, though, so I wouldn't know - you peoples and your 360s and your PS3s and your Atari Jaguars Evil.

Actually, does anyone own this game here? Then we'd get an honest opinion on it.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »

Judging by the demo, which I just played, this game will suck asssss. Just terrible.

The-Imp
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »

Judging by the demo, which I just played, this game will suck asssss. Just terrible.
The 360 version... Under Par, I hope when my little brother gets the Wii version, it'll be better.
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »

... the Master System version, possibly?   Beer!
PaleFox
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »

On the Xbox only... I think... Well I played it, it was actually much more fun than I expected!

So this game is both good and bad at the same time. It's like Shroedinger's Hedgehog  Roll Eyes.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic