Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:05:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGum [Puzzle Game]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Gum [Puzzle Game]  (Read 8442 times)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »

Downloaded it just now and I'm really loving it. The gameplay is very nice, and I'm addicted to this. Also that music is really well done! Am I going crazy, or does one of the songs use the melody of a jazz theme from Cowboy Bebop, sped up...?

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:19 PM »

I think you are going crazy, though I do like the Cowboy Bebop theme a lot so it's possible that I subconsciously recreated it Waaagh!

As for the mac version I realized a long time ago that it requires purchasing a license and generally jumping through hoops (for game maker anyway). Paired with my general distaste for Apple products, I don't think it's gonna happen. Some time in the distant future I will put a Gum II into the works, likely in a cross-platform engine. It's definitely going to happen, even if it takes a thousand years and someone's ripped off the core mechanic by then.

Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »

Ah, I wasn't referring to Cowboy Bebop's main theme, I was referring to the song from the soundtrack called "Rush". One of the themes of your game actually has a similar sounding riff that a sax plays throughout that song. The song in your game I'm referring to first plays in the World 2 stage, "Mercedez-Benz v.Kovacevic", the part when the song speeds up in particular.
It's nothing significant, I just wanted to explain!

Other than that though, I completed every stage recently and I loved it! Really challenging puzzles, and I still love all the music, and the environments. I've never played a puzzle game quite like where my main thought process the whole time was "where's an edge that I can use to scrape this block off of my body?"

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 09:52:39 PM »

I've never played a puzzle game quite like where my main thought process the whole time was "where's an edge that I can use to scrape this block off of my body?"
Oh no, you figured it out! Waaagh!

Yeah, I can hear the similarity now. Before you mentioned that it wasn't the title theme, I kept running through it in my head and trying to compare it to my other songs No No NO

Thanks for finishing it by the way! I don't think very many people have made it that far - a guy doing a let's play was having no small amount of trouble with it, and didn't go past the first video. The level design got a bit below my standards in places throughout the game (and the final song was terribly mixed), but I hope you had fun either way.

bunnymnemonic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 04:02:41 AM »

I like the style of this very much! Unfortunately, no windows...
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »

Thanks for finishing it by the way! I don't think very many people have made it that far - a guy doing a let's play was having no small amount of trouble with it, and didn't go past the first video. The level design got a bit below my standards in places throughout the game (and the final song was terribly mixed), but I hope you had fun either way.
Fair enough! A lot of the puzzles past the halfway mark gave me trouble, hours of trying to figure them out. But I really had fun with them all! Loved it

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic