Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412073 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58484 Members - Latest Member: bigdog243

June 25, 2024, 07:27:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParadigm- Mutants, Evil Sloths, Beatboxing Eggplants updated 24/8
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paradigm- Mutants, Evil Sloths, Beatboxing Eggplants updated 24/8  (Read 4684 times)
JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »

Hey guys, I've neglected setting up a dev log here but better late than never.

Here is the first teaser video released for my adventure game Paradigm!

Check out www.ParadigmAdventure.com for more info

Also because I can't embed videos here, I'll just embed a couple images from the game.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:23:08 AM by JacobJ- » Logged

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:14:31 PM »

I am so waiting for this to happen.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »

This is purely genius and groundbreaking game. Totally wicked universe with off-the-wall far-fetched jokes every two seconds in the current trailer. "Long-awaited"

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 03:57:00 AM »

ephoete Not sure if sarcastic? haha thank you?
SvedThanks dude!

Thought I'd give this thread some love. I'll try not to flood it with everything I've done straight away so it's not to ridiculous so I'll go bit by bit.

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 04:14:12 AM »

This game looks completely crasy! I'll follow it!  Grin

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 06:20:06 AM »

At first it gave me a Return To Zork feel, but after the video I have no frame of reference to compare it to - it's just awesome and funny!

I wonder if you may consider a censored version for younger ones? The humor is actually funny enough that it stands on its own without the cursing, and there could definitely be appeal (at least with what you've shown so far) for a much wider variety of age groups IMHO.

I also suggest this idea because it's very rare to find funny material which doesn't need obscenities to boost it (or mask it's weaknesses).

jiitype
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »

^ love this guy

I've never really played point and click games but I'm looking forward to this one!
JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:26 AM »

ScottThanks for the kind words dude! You are right about the swearing, I've actually toned down the stronger words in the game and in the trailer since then. However within the game there are some more adult themes, like drug dealers and such (Although it deals with it on mostly a satirical level and is not done to be 'shocking') This is a little harder to censor. The original idea of the game was to contrast cute pixar like visuals with dark humour. Thanks for the feedback!

ugabuga Haha he is one of my favourites. I'm glad I've peaked your interest!

Josiah Tobin Thanks man!

bombjack awww yis thanks!

Here is some stuff from Paradigm, again trying not to flood it all it once, so there is still more to come.

More characters

Here is the close up of the interface.

Little bit of gameplay.

Records found in-game.

Olof the sloth!

John 3000 the abandoned match making robot.

Space Cadet: The local drug addict.

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »

Josiah Tobin: Yeah you are right. It's actually really hard to calibrate it. Especially with each room with different perspective and lengths, but recently the engine released some features to fix it, hopefully it works.

Tried to do something a little different for my Kickstarter video.

Here is a little sneak peak.

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »

Awesome, as usual. Glad to hear you guys keep working on this project.

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »

ephoete Hey thanks man!

So the Kickstarter just went live, super surreal to finally let it out on there. It's been a busy few days trying to get it ready, but now it's here!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/857886953/paradigm-surreal-adventure-game

Thanks for your support so far guys <3

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »

A crazy amount has happened since the last update. Paradigm is now funded and smashing stretch goals.

First off, PewDiePie played my game, jesus it blew my mind!

Here are the stretch goals completed so far

I also painted my head in a jar to showcase the $350 pledge

I also created some new add ons.

+$10 PARADIGM AUDIO MESSAGE: I'll record 1-15s audio of anything you like me to say (as long as it's not super offensive) as either Paradigm, John 3000 or Doug. You'll receive it as either MP3 or FLAC

+ $15 EXTRA DIGITAL COPY OF THE GAME : PC, Mac and Linux

+$15 PHYSICAL PARADIGM FLOPPY DISK: You will get the official Paradigm floppy disk with an astonishing 1.4mb of space.

This is what you will receive, each and every floppy is made custom by me and will have actual content on them.
On the floppy it will include two short stories from the world and an exclusive image from Paradigm which you can't find anywhere else. (You will get an email with some of its contents, however for the people who like easter eggs, there will be floppy exclusive content)

Here is a short description of one of the short stories.

Pensioners Paradise

Leaps and bounds have been made in modern medicine allowing man-kind to live longer than ever. However because of this, the elderly populations have sky rocketed outnumbering the young. They are forced by the government to retire. And are left with nothing to do but to watch “Midsomer Murders” and “Rosemary & Thyme” re-runs on TV. They grow tired and bored of this, eventually leading them to rebel against the government. They begin to rally together and create the most vicious organised crime gangs in history.

Think of the movie “Warriors” but with your grandparents.

Thanks again for the support guys <3
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:16:27 AM by JacobJ- » Logged

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 03:36:01 AM »

Guys, Paradigm just reached it's last stretch goal with 5 hours to go! Thank you for all the support TIGForums! I still can't believe it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/857886953/paradigm-surreal-adventure-game

Here is a sketch I did for a twitter competition.

More actual dev stuff to come when I sleep for 3 months straight.

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

Really glad to see this project funded. Now looking forward to the release. Don't forget to update this thread for such. Smiley

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 06:13:15 AM »

@ephoete: Sorry I'm the worst haha, I really wish it was easy to keep up to date with all platforms. Thanks for the kind words!

So here is a huge art dump of some of the stuff I've been working on!

And lastly, here is photo of me. Don't let your dreams be dreams. I really hope to consistently post in here this time (and actually do it this time haha)

AngeloMC21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »

Simply amazing.. I'm tearful right now. The main character is soo majestic. I know this game from Poods video. Can't wait for the release! I'll buy it for sure!
JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 05:37:00 AM »

AngeloMC21: Awww shucks, thanks guy!

Alrighty so first off

Jacob Janerka presents: Don't do dumb shit like me, and learn from my mistakes lesson #120

One of the things I learnt while doing solo game dev is that you should take mock ups as far as you can before you start making polished art. It seems pretty obvious, but its incredibly tempting, especially as an artist to make the pretty things first.
This way you don't waste time making art that you didn't need in the first place, or you find out that it should be completely different to accommodate gameplay.

Also focusing on one things at a time can greatly increase workflow when you get into the groove.

Also icecream + peanut butter is delicious.

The attached image is a mock up I made for the "Glitch Room" where you have to solve puzzles to find the router to reset it. Imagine Tron was inside windows 95. Obviously the final will be much more polished, but its good enough to do some play tests.

Also here is a little mock up I did for a promotional image for a special Paradigm Edition

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:22 AM »

Wow.

This... just...

Hand Money Left

JacobJ-
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 04:22:48 AM »

Process to making the fast travel interface in my Paradigm

Mini post apocalyptic dating simulator game.

Art test for an ingame story book

Test for something in game

Character concept art

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic