Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:26:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs/\/\/\/~~SCRIPT KIDDIES~~\/\/\/\ (DEAD)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: /\/\/\/~~SCRIPT KIDDIES~~\/\/\/\ (DEAD)  (Read 15932 times)
Sonoshee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »

Apart from looking extremely lovely, I just want to share this gif, the dancing guys from your game remind me of this

I'm in love with the music in your kickstarter video, where is it from? you're not actually telling me your game has THAT music.

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »

Hahhaa I should totally work these dances into the game! I love this GIF, I remember seeing this on Twitter and the Reggie puppet's dance is just pure gold Smiley

And yes I made the music Smiley I feel more comfortable making music than games...

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »

UT Indie Night and Touch-ups

I have been working VERY hard on a variety of different things, unfortunately they aren't all that VISUALLY stimulating  Tongue

Firstly, I took the game to the UT Indie Night again on Tuesday night and had great time. I can't recommend enough how important it is to show your game as much as possible! Here's some of the things people had to say about improving the game that I felt were pretty valid points:

- Add in directional buttons
 - Make the scoreboard more visually noticeable. It's a little dull.
 - Make the speed stats for characters more meaningful
 - adjust the special meter increase rate for certain characters

These are all things I totally agree need to be updated/changed. One thing that has been an issue since the beginning, but kind of distilled in my mind is the issue of skill gaps among players. As far as I can tell, the only time people don't like the game, is when they are not evenly matched against an opponent. This disparity between players is one of a few things:

- familiarity with XB360 controls (FIX? - add directional buttons, multiple gamepad support)
 - understanding of the importance of the scoreboard (FIX? - better tutorial)

Anyways, always a good experience and learned some new stuff.

Updates, Tweaks, Additions:

AI CONTROLLED OPPONENTS
 Things are moving along really well on this and it is almost at a place where I feel comfortable leaving it for awhile. I still need to make player 2 full AI-able (that's a word right?), and work out some kinks with Isao's Reply All, but we're getting close. Here's a GIF of an AI (left) playing against me (right):

SPECIAL-EXCLUSIVE WIN SCREENS
 I made a few more special win screens that play for certain characters when they use their special ability. Usually when you win a script it just says 'WIN!', but when using your special you'll now see cooler screens:

Kiki's Honey Pot

Jack's Reversal (I love this one haha)

Isao's REPLY_ALL

Thing's are moving along Smiley
-Austin

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »

Been making lots of progress on design and art for [SECRET] which you can find in Kiki's Cave in the twin's bedroom. These are all WIP, but the fact that I've been able to do these as well as I have is a straight up Christmas Miracle!

ISOLT and ANELIZE

ORSON

AOIFE

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »

I was finally able to get AI vs. AI working! Can I just say it is totally insane to see your game being played by itself  Crazy

The reason why I had to set this up is because when you play the Story Mode, the human player will always be the challenger (player on the right), but when you play an AI in Multiplayer Mode, the AI is the challenger. A really cool side effect of that requirement is having the game play against itself  Grin

I also got a TON of work done today on the menus so you can play PVP or PVE. I just really want to get to a point where the game has a solid demo before going into Greenlight. I know (from what others have told me) that having a playable for Greenlight doesn't do anything for your chances, but I'm more using it as a solid milestone in development. I'll show some of the menu stuff in the next devlog.

THIS THING IS ACTUALLY STARTING TO FEEL LIKE A GAME SO YA THAT'S KOOL.

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »

Here's a fancy new GIF of the fancy working menus!

You now have the option to choose to play against the AI or another player from the menu. Up till now, everything I was doing with AI was within a disconnected work space Smiley

Here's a close up of the moving controllers:

I like doing menus... if you can't tell  Gomez

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »

Not up to Burrito Galaxy standards for sure, but it looks nice and jiggly Smiley

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2015, 04:14:14 PM »

I really like working on text rendering Smiley Now with 100% more shakiness:

As I did a few months ago, I'd like to make a YouTube video about this and teach people how to use this code. And open source the code, duh.

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »

Worked on the other [SECRET] in Script Kiddies that you can [SECRET SECRET SECRET] called Monochrome Kingdom EP:

What's really interesting is that GIFCam kind of added a fuzzy effect so everything looks kinda SQUISHY Smiley I like that a lot. The look is quite sharp, but I think I'll see if I can reproduce this effect with a shader when I come back to this later.

benjkers
Level 0

digging for precious games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2016, 06:55:35 PM »

This game has a nice warm, genuine soul. Pretty hard to manufacture. Nice range of dialogue styles - we're working on the same sort of thing at the moment, so it resonates Smiley

That (I assume hidden game-in-game) shooter is striking. Could probably get some attention even standalone...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic