Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:59:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Hong Kong Massacre [Top Down Shooter]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: The Hong Kong Massacre [Top Down Shooter]  (Read 112873 times)
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »

It's alive!

The dev started posting new stuff on Twitter last month.

"In-game menu background"

"Welcome to Hong Kong"

"Testing out IK aiming with dual pistols"

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
vreski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2015, 06:31:54 AM »

It's alive!

Can confirm.
Will hopefully be back here soon with more updates, info and stuff from the game

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2015, 07:06:35 AM »

That may be the best menu background Ive ever seen...

Can confirm.
Will hopefully be back here soon with more updates, info and stuff from the game

Awesome.Looking forward to it.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »

As will I!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »

It's alive!

Can confirm.
Excellent! This was one of my favorite projects on here

So "IK aiming" = Inverse Kinematics?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
vreski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2015, 08:33:04 AM »

So "IK aiming" = Inverse Kinematics?

Correct, it allow the arms to be aimed separate at any target independent from the body. A bit easier to see in motion but it makes the aiming system to look a lot nicer.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2015, 11:07:58 PM »

I'd love to see it in motion. Grin

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/vreskigames/status/606817417256398848
"Testing some ragdolls"

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2015, 06:46:39 PM »

Hotline Miami on steroids. Scary thought...

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »

Dev posted a new GIF on Twitter last week

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2016, 06:27:01 AM »

Holy shit...

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »

Holy shit...
I know, right? Every time I think the game is dead, the dev eventually posts something new. Let's just say it's really frustrating to follow its progress

vreski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2016, 08:37:26 AM »

Holy shit...
I know, right? Every time I think the game is dead, the dev eventually posts something new. Let's just say it's really frustrating to follow its progress

Who, Me?
I promise I will let you know if the game goes dead. But yes, I´m also frustrated by the lack of updates (I blame myself ofc). So hopefully 2016 will be a better year in that area. 

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2016, 09:00:08 AM »

To be fair, it's frustrating to follow because it's like one of my most anticipated indie games, so the periods without updates are kind of worrying and then new updates prompt more of a "Yes! Still alive and still looking awesome" feeling

So don't take it as a negative thing  Grin

Btw, is that VHS-esque aesthetic an intentional design choice? Kane & Lynch 2 had one of my favorite looks in game thanks to its raw handheld-camera presentation, so more games with that gritty atmosphere would be great

vreski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2016, 09:50:15 AM »

The VHS thing is at this stage mostly testing. But it also has some ties to the story/structure/presentation (the games takes place early 1990s) so in some way it will be in the game. I also liked the look of KL2 but I also know that there can be frustration with "to much" filters, so it´s a fine line to walk.

Jackrip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2016, 04:06:01 PM »

The VHS thing is at this stage mostly testing. But it also has some ties to the story/structure/presentation (the games takes place early 1990s) so in some way it will be in the game. I also liked the look of KL2 but I also know that there can be frustration with "to much" filters, so it´s a fine line to walk.
Great! I really love the look. If I may ask, is it time related issues that are keeping you from finishing the game? (work, school, etc). Or is it just the complexity? I ask because I have been eagerly awaiting this game for a long time now, and don't want to see it die. Keep up the great work!
vreski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »

Great! I really love the look. If I may ask, is it time related issues that are keeping you from finishing the game? (work, school, etc). Or is it just the complexity? I ask because I have been eagerly awaiting this game for a long time now, and don't want to see it die. Keep up the great work!

It´s a combination of a lot of stuff fur sure. But the complexity went up a lot when switching to Unity and for a 2 person team there´s a lot of new stuff to do and learn, so there has been a lot of trial and error with different things. No worries though, the game will be made and done.

louiscroquet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2016, 12:51:04 AM »

Following this thread too. I love the look and feel of what I see and I'm a huge fan of Hotline Miami.
I hope it will have the same kind of frenzy hardcore gameplay. Waiting to push the retry button like  Hand Any Key
Jackrip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2016, 08:09:54 PM »

It´s a combination of a lot of stuff fur sure. But the complexity went up a lot when switching to Unity and for a 2 person team there´s a lot of new stuff to do and learn, so there has been a lot of trial and error with different things. No worries though, the game will be made and done.

Killer. Take your time, do it right! Don't go alpha release and we are all excited to see what you produce.
Ayuvelo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2016, 11:39:01 PM »

Any Updates on this project? Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic