Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:19:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingASCIIPortal coming soon to Cymon's Games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ASCIIPortal coming soon to Cymon's Games  (Read 1439 times)
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »

For those who don't know, I am the operator of a website that is stealing its model from the type-in programs of old. It's called Cymon's Games. Not only do I run the site, but I've put together quite a number of little programs for it myself.

After my last project I did a postmortem with was well received. I'm ready to start on my next project and decided to take it to the next level. Starting with the new year I will be working on my text-mode portal game called ASCIIPortal and this time I intend to do all my development and brainstorming publicly on Cymon's Games.

I'm generating buzz for it now because I don't want to go through all that and have nobody show up for the party.

Unlike my other lame-brained ideas in the past this one I've already done two write-ups on and I'm committed to completing the project. In other words I've already started, which is better than I can say for my other ill fated ideas.

So what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Anyone planning to follow it?

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »

I should update this. I've made some progress and even have a first working prototype, tho it's missing many things, most notably the portals.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic