Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:48:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeMake a game in one sitting and post it
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Make a game in one sitting and post it  (Read 7629 times)
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »

I did this because I was bored, but I'm curious to see what others come up with. It started out just having fun animating stick figures in GM and, well, whaddaya know!

http://myweb.cableone.net/rebelart/collectathon.zip

Let's see what everyone else makes in one sitting! Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I hope this is the right one.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:30 AM »

Bob's Game?

Also, your game was cool.

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:46 AM »

I made 90% of this is one sitting. I find that if I don't make most of a game in one sitting, I often don't finish the game either.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:34:31 AM »

I actually made shox in one sitting while watching a movie (I think it was firefly). So one sitting and two hours.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »

I made 90% of this is one sitting. I find that if I don't make most of a game in one sitting, I often don't finish the game either.

Hey, you go to NM Tech too? Wow, strange coincidence. What SDL version does your game run? I don't have the DLLs and the one I downloaded didn't work with it.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »

AMT, that's pretty impressive. Sadly I can't take you seriously with that avatar Undecided
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:41:16 AM »

AMT, that's pretty impressive. Sadly I can't take you seriously with that avatar Undecided

Alien pop stars are serious business.

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »

Hey, you go to NM Tech too? Wow, strange coincidence. What SDL version does your game run? I don't have the DLLs and the one I downloaded didn't work with it.

Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure I'm using an old version by now and should upgrade sometime. These DLLs should work.

EDIT: Isn't tech great? It is the perfect school for any human being, and the Chartwells Food Service is wonderful too!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:22:58 AM by Gold Cray » Logged
DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »

Gah, just thinking of having to spend another semester living off of Shartwell's gives me a stomach ache. Off campus housing +1  Gentleman

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »

I made this during last month's Klik of the Month (music by lofi).

Where

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »

I also made both of my entries for the codeblocks challenge in one sitting.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »

www.hempuli.com/Jonnyharo.exe

I created it with my friend in 4 hours, from 9 PM to 2 AM (this happened about 5 years ago).
Use control to shoot and shift to jump. Space unleashes a powerful attack that hurts yourself too.

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 01:01:44 PM »

http://h4xr.org/fimb

I just made this without getting out of the chair once.  (even though using two different computers because the XP I made it on doesn't have internet)

I originally was just playing around with getting a working orbiting model in game maker, but then after I had the planet, and asteroids (or more technically, comets too), I thought "hey, what  if there was a space station that you could control?", then "it could collect the asteroids!"

After a little more work, I ended up with my final product.  You control the space station by using the up and down keys, increasing and decreasing it's speed.  This allows you to change how you orbit the sun.  The objective is to collect the asteroids.  I made it so you could never completely run out, but they do get smaller in numbers.  If you hit the sun your game ends.  If you hit the planet, then you get 10 bonus points for coming home and the game ends.  Try to get the highest score.

Tell me what you think!  (now that this post is made I finally can get out of this chair, I wanted to take this topic name too literally)
There is also an eastereggish thing, think outside of the box.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 08:58:29 PM »

Every so often, the Game Dev Club at RIT has rapid game development days, which are good times for me to actually get off my lazy butt and finish something.

I just made this today.

At the previous rapid game dev day, I made this.

Delmore
Unironically Unfunny
Level 1

haha dude i love indie games!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 10:53:34 PM »

Made this awhile ago for some fangame competition. I won some award for it on their site, took about two hours to make.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »

A game for Christmas. The rest of the Klik Of the Month Klub entries are there too, so you can sample the awesome fun you missed out on.
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »

Made this game in about 3 hours. I think I did it in pretty much one sitting.

Download PixelRunner

Natso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

Not a game, but a (very very used) tool for a game...

http://skato.darknovagames.com

Started friday night, ended sunday morning (so I got some snacks in the meantime, I think I'm entitled after the 12-hour marker).

(I've made some very minor tweaks to it since then, but that's only because www.starkingdoms.com changed their own calculations)

Ugh... don't ever plan to do that again, but it's paying for most of the server...

- Natso

edit: oh yes.  for those who aren't familiar with star kingdoms, players use attack calculators, and enter their own stats and enemy stats, and the calculator tells exactly how many troops to send (minimize troops sent, but still win the battle.  one troop not sent is one troop defending the player, so yeah)

Home is where my power chord is.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »

Made this game in about 3 hours. I think I did it in pretty much one sitting.
Screenshot

Download PixelRunner
WTF This game is a lot harder then it looks.

Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

"some award" Delmore?

22.7k posts on "their site" I'd think you'd know a bit more about the compos.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic