Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411841 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

June 01, 2024, 12:38:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHell yeah, Lugaru for free!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Hell yeah, Lugaru for free!  (Read 10313 times)
Jeff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 12:42:17 AM »

Descent into madness

Nice. Smiley  Lugaru has claimed another victim.  Check out some of the videos on WeGame or Youtube to see how it's really done.  This one was made by John, my roommate / wolfire employee: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Lugaru_Level_6/

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »

What's the slowdown button?

Yea whats the slowdown button? I just got this for their Christmas promo and I'm on the second wolf level and I'm totally stuck, I discovered you can light yourself on fire, but you can slow time down too? You must tell me! How!?
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »

This game would be a lot better if wolves didn't randomly kill me in one hit.

Edit: Also, if weapons didn't get worse as you progress through the game. I want to throw my sword at them!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:00:38 PM by Cheater » Logged
Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

When life gives you lemons, make an internet craze

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

I got this game, and since it didn't have an ESRB rating, I turned off blood for good measure (I don't do M games), and with such attacks as treachiotomy, I think that I'm glad I did Smiley

P.S:Is there a way to extinguish your own fire without water? (maybe it's stop, drop, and roll Gentleman )

"Sweet Sacajewea, Batmanifestdestiny!  We've struck GOLD!" -Joseph, Utah Wonder

You have to plagierize the Italian.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »

I've also played through the campaign and most of the challenges now. I already used to play Lugaru a bit some years ago, and I'm glad it works so well again this time Grin I just also got the impression that it tends to be quite random when the odds are against you. For example, I am currently stuck at the 11th challenge and it seems that I basically got a 5% chance to hit a wolf with a knife, a 20% chance he will kill me with two kicks, and only a general chance of about 25% to hit him without getting countered. Not to mention the times when I counter an attack of his and actually kill myself in the process.. somehow.
So, does anybody know if the chances for getting countered and the like are really as random as they seem?

Anyway, it's still a damn cool game. It's just so stylish to kick wolves down a deep valley using the leg cannon, sticking the knife into a wolf and then instantly kill him by pulling it out while rolling, killling an enemy by kicking his dead mate's body at him, etc. And that all just makes it so good to know that there are people hard at work on a sequel including an easy to use level editor and multiplayer Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley I'm reserving my order for now, but I can't really see what could go wrong Smiley

Now, on to downloading some fan campaigns..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:36:18 PM by MisterX » Logged

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »

FINE. I downloaded the game. I hope you guys are happy now. Too much peer pressure!
Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2008, 09:23:39 PM »

FINE. I downloaded the game. I hope you guys are happy now. Too much peer pressure!
Wizard yes.....give in to peer pressure...
 Cool Cool  Noir Noir
Hand Fork Left Evil Hand Point Right Panda
 Cave Story Cave Story Cave Story Cave Story

though, in actuality, the game is fun, even if "spine crusher" sounds like the name of a cheap wrestler Wink

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2008, 07:05:05 AM »

I've also played through the campaign and most of the challenges now. I already used to play Lugaru a bit some years ago, and I'm glad it works so well again this time Grin I just also got the impression that it tends to be quite random when the odds are against you. For example, I am currently stuck at the 11th challenge and it seems that I basically got a 5% chance to hit a wolf with a knife, a 20% chance he will kill me with two kicks, and only a general chance of about 25% to hit him without getting countered. Not to mention the times when I counter an attack of his and actually kill myself in the process.. somehow.

IME, the best way of dealing with wolves is:
Reverse all their attacks, which is a lengthy process to kill them and some attacks, like the arm swipe are way too quickly and don't damage them while reversed.

Be lucky and land some leg cannons without being reversed.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2008, 08:36:05 AM »

Hand Metal Left Kiss

I am off to download this after a week of vacationing in Sälen (and seeing a Swedish Fish-clone)! This is gonna be great.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2008, 01:12:46 PM »

Reverse all their attacks, which is a lengthy process to kill them and some attacks, like the arm swipe are way too quickly and don't damage them while reversed.

If you knock them off balance and have a dagger, you can do the puncture attack without being countered that often.
If you knock them over, you can throw a dagger in their back as they roll back up. All you have to do is slash or counterslash them twice before you do this and you kill them instantly. If you miss, you can always run away, roll and grab your knife and try again.

I'm addicted.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »

I can't even get past the first level. Can't get on top of those darned ruins.

Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2008, 04:05:32 PM »

it's impossible to get onto the really tall ruins, look around and you'll find some short ruins with someone on those, those are the ones that you go to, then you move about the skirts of the village and...stuff happens.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2008, 07:21:17 PM »

If you knock them off balance and have a dagger, you can do the puncture attack without being countered that often.
If you knock them over, you can throw a dagger in their back as they roll back up. All you have to do is slash or counterslash them twice before you do this and you kill them instantly. If you miss, you can always run away, roll and grab your knife and try again.

I'm addicted.
I don't have a knife. Sword, FTL.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »

You can also stab enemies lying on the ground with the Sword, that's a instant kill. Alas, most of the time you'll just stab the ground Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »

You can also stab enemies lying on the ground with the Sword, that's a instant kill. Alas, most of the time you'll just stab the ground Smiley

Mock Anger
Its alllll about the staff my friends. One hit to knock them down, then you can easily bash them to death before they can get up. Sure the blades are fun, buts the blunt weapon that really gets the job done.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »

Mock Anger
Its alllll about the staff my friends. One hit to knock them down, then you can easily bash them to death before they can get up. Sure the blades are fun, buts the blunt weapon that really gets the job done.
Indeed, indeed. It can hardly get more satisfying than bashing another bunny's head right into a nearby wall with the staff.

No, mommy, I'm not a sicko Sad

Jeff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »

Hey, I just wrote up a post mortem on the free Lugaru promotion:  http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/01/free-lugaru-postmortem/

What's most interesting is that even though we were giving away Lugaru for free, sales were up.   Shocked

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic