Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:24:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDandy (Now on Steam!)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dandy (Now on Steam!)  (Read 7183 times)
Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 06:50:15 PM »

Taking a break from enemies to get some power ups in the game.

An offering from a friendly man.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »

Wanted to post another enemy. None of these will be stand alone and each encounter will be designed. One on one is just the easiest way to test and show the new enemies.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »

Finally got power-ups implemented, really excited to play with these. Here's a simple one that gives you two shots. The font and name is temporary.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »

Got some new enemies working that i'm pretty happy with. We also added rotation to the player character on up and down movement.

Click either image for a higher quality video.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 01:22:34 PM »

I haven't been posting on here for about a month because we were stopped development to give Kickstarter a good shot! But the day has come and we've launched the kickstarter. We're off to an awesome start with a Staff Pick! Thanks to all the people that have shown us their support on this forum, I hope you find something interesting here.

CHECK OUT THE KICKSTARTER HERE

And of course some gifs to tempt you!

Removed some gifs so the page doesn't take forever to load, they're on the first page anyway.

Also going to be doing some twitch streaming over here. I'll update the thread when we go live.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:42:15 AM by Buzzwerd » Logged

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

Posted a demo for Dandy in the playtesting subforum, check it out here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=42985.0

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 06:52:49 AM »

Wow, it's been a while. So long that it's giving me a warning asking if I'm sure I want to post. The reason it's been so long is that after our Kickstarter failed to reach it's goal, we kind of just put our heads down and kept working. We cut out the fat, focused our efforts, and now 4 months later, we're really close to finishing. I still haven't gathered my thoughts on the whole thing; marketing is still an enigma to me.

Either way, the game is better than it's ever been. I went back to play the demo we released back in August, and it's really good to see how far we've come. Anyway, that's our status.

Here's a boss we just finished implementing last week:

bkslsh
Level 0

one woman gamedev army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:25 AM »

I love your art style. And it looks like you got a good level of support and exposure on Kickstarter even if you didn't reach your goal. Keep going! I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Working on Astroman 2064: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45912.0
pixel pusher + coder. on twitter @backlashblues. on instagram @bkslsh.
Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

I love your art style. And it looks like you got a good level of support and exposure on Kickstarter even if you didn't reach your goal. Keep going! I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Thanks man. Yeah the support we got was really awesome. It was staggering honestly, no idea what to make of it still. I'll keep you in mind for the beta if you're interested.

Here's an enemy we worked on this week. The original boss design used to dodge and try and attack like a snake or something. Didn't feel right, but we wanted to play with that behavior on a smaller scale.

It works pretty well, it's our most aggressive enemy. Next step is to give it some facial expressions so it's not as dead looking.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 02:54:21 AM »

Reworked how death works so that now you drop the a power up wherever you died. Redid the animation, and now watching the GIF I realized it's off center just a tiny bit so gotta fix that. And so continues the onslaught of large gifs.

Mya
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 07:05:43 AM »

Gorgeous artwork - especially the backgrounds Smiley Looking forward to seeing more stuff!

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »

Gorgeous artwork - especially the backgrounds Smiley Looking forward to seeing more stuff!
Thanks man! Doing the backgrounds is really fun for me, while animation and character design is more of a requirement for the game design, gotta focus on improving that.

We tried adding multiplayer on a whim, and I didn't think it'd work, but it actually ended up being really fun so I think we're leaving it in.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 02:48:42 AM »

Now that we're keeping local co-op, and since I think we're going to support up to 4 players, we made it so whenever you drop in you get a random character to play with. Right now you can re-roll your character by pressing start whenever you want, thinking of keeping it that way. Here's a quick compilation I did for screenshot Saturday at the last minute.

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:05 AM »

Just got to feature complete... still bad at marketing! Our game is awesome though...  Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »

Gotta try to be one of those Dev's that actually keeps a complete dev journal instead of hitting marketing points and remembering about their blog. Hopefully next project, for now, go vote for us if you like what you see:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434037288&tscn=1430525588

Buzzwerd
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »

Game's done and it's up on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/381610/

Go check it out and support us if you can. If you're a broke dev like we are, send me a message and I'll send you a key if I can!  Gentleman

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 07:34:31 AM »

Just picked this up on IOS. Really good so far. I really like how the pacing is different from other shmups, since you say on the same screen till you defeat enemies and you can't just fire mindlessly.

It's probably the closest thing to Binding of Issac on IOS too, with the cryptic stacking power-ups, visual changes, and all the different enemies

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic