Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:48:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[GRAPHICS] Indie Graphics Builder - Create your own sprites
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [GRAPHICS] Indie Graphics Builder - Create your own sprites  (Read 1379 times)
Roencia
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »

A few years back, I starter a project to create an awesome graphics creation kit for use with your favorite game engine. It's now entering it's final stage.  Here is the link to my funding on kickstarter: http://kck.st/1gnWybn ,or you can go to kickstarter and type in Indie Graphics Builder 2.

Here are the coolest things about IGB Phase 2:

1) An animated character creation kit - The most requested item I got
2) Steam support - So you can download all your graphics from IGB phase 1 & 2 (they invited me!) This will allow for faster updates and delivery.
* Steam not your thing, there will be a site you log in to download everything.It would be best to watch the video from the link, but here are two screenshots to quench your eyes.

(Making spaceships from 30 different styles and over 3,000 pieces to choose from)

(making character and hud)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:53:19 AM by Roencia » Logged
Roencia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »

We have 4 artists working on this one. Last time just me and a relative doing everything and I always felt rushed. This time we are working longer on specific styles so assets will work better together. Expect alot of pixel art. I like the fact we can take our time and release updates on steam. Before, I had to email everyone the updates, it was a pain.

There have been several people that have emailed me and said they sold there games with the assets, so I was happy to see it worked for some people first time around.

Here is a sample of the animated icon pack I'm making:

Remember, just a sample. There are alot more pieces then that =D You can see how I'm making things in pieces as much as possible with the bottle, candle, and chest.
Roencia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:01:42 AM »

A lot of pixel art is being created, but there is also highly detailed objects. 

I've also been working on objects for a survival post apocalyptic world.  In other news with something exciting.  A game using an early version of IGB called "Space Legend X" was featured on the home page of yoyogames.  They are the creators of Game Maker Studio.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic