Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:06:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogscold void
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: cold void  (Read 4910 times)
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 02:16:47 AM »

A bit sound like Space Pirate and Zombie(sorry for comparing), not the entire game i mean, just...

So is ripping enemy ship and sell their part a way to earn money? Or is the ore a kind of currency?

Sakar
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 07:06:46 AM »

Space Pirates and Zombies is a bit of the inspiration, actually Smiley

Ripping apart the enemy ship and selling their parts is the main way to earn money. Mining is also good, but can be dangerous as pirates often attack unsuspecting miners. Some places, rather than buying the ore from you, can turn it into useful parts for your ship.
Sakar
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 10:49:52 PM »

Gonna start using my website to post more in-depth posts about the game's systems. Be sure to keep an eye on it Blink

Most of this week was eaten up by school so I haven't done as much as I wanted to, but that's what the weekend's for. Tonight I started working on the starmap

The screen is divided into a grid, and a node is placed within each box on the grid. Then I loop through each node and connect them to every node within a certain range. ~10 of the time one or two nodes don't get connected, but it works pretty well so far.
Prodigga
Level 0

Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 11:25:57 PM »

I am pumped for this. A while ago there was a browser game called Pilot or something like that. Very similar idea to yours - top down graphics and you could build your ship out of little parts that you salvaged from killing enemies. But that game had no real aim and was fairly linear (you just sort of killed the biggest thing you could manage to kill, get its parts, and go for something bigger, rinse+repeat).I am glad someone is fleshing out a game similar to it.

Sakar
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »

Started working on drones and uh

...they're having some issues at the moment
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 12:44:06 AM »

They're having some firework-ly fun issue i can see that. Cheesy

Sakar
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 10:41:15 PM »

Progress has been extremely slow the past couple weeks due to classes, but they're finally ending. I have the next two weeks off, and after that my new class will take up very little of my time, so I'll be working on this a lot more Smiley

To get myself back into the swing of things I went ahead and added fire

Some weapons have a chance of setting modules they hit on fire. Fire causes damage every few seconds, and lasts a fairly short time (20-30 seconds on average). Augments can be installed to reduce the lifetime of fire, as well as reduce the chance that the module even catches on fire at all.

Once finals are done this week I plan to have enemies spawning in the different nodes on the map, as well as adding some additional behavior to them (such as fleeing when all their weapons are destroyed)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic