Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:27:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for teammates : SciFi Mecha 2D Shooting Game "Homo Machina"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for teammates : SciFi Mecha 2D Shooting Game "Homo Machina"  (Read 1305 times)
tio200
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2014, 05:25:50 AM »

Hello, I'm a newb called FantasyWorm (actual name : Sanghwa Lee)

I'm making a SciFi Mecha 2D Shooting Game called "Homo Machina", and I'm desperate for helps.

At first I made a prototype fan game called "The Greatest Jegan" with Game Maker 8.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Link to download "The Greatest Jegan"
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyr9k2v5bg4zxmb/TGJ-1%EB%85%84%EC%A0%84%EC%9F%81.zip)
(I'm sorry the text's all Korean (sob))

Move : WASD
Fire : Left Mouse
Melee Attack : Right Mouse
Shield : E
Hand Grenade : Q
Weapon Change : 1,2,3
Pause : T
Menu Move : Arrows
Cofirm : Enter
To Next : Space
Forced Exit : ESC

After that, I'm making a commercial version of that, which is called "Homo Machina".
It is made with Game Maker Studio and will be serviced on PC.
It also has the original story.

However, I think I need some helps in order to make this game great, not just playable.

ⓐ Programmer : I can make a single-player version of the game, but I need some helps in order to make a better, smoother, and more efficiant version of the game. You don't have to use Game Maker. Other programming tools are also welcome.

ⓑ Graphic Designer : To be frankly, my designs...... Well, they are lame. and I really need some helps! It would be great if you can make sprites.

ⓒ Server Programmer : At first, I didn't plan to make a multi-player version, but in order to increase the replay value, I need someone to do server programming.

This is a screenshot of making the games.

If you are interested in this game, you can contact me through e-mail

E-mail : [email protected]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:52:54 AM by tio200 » Logged
Sanojian
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 01:56:00 AM »

Sounds interesting, but your screenshot is not showing.

Also, in case English is not your first language you may not realize that your title will be interpreted as "Homosexual Machine" which is probably not your intention.

Or maybe it is, in which case more power to you.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

tio200
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:55:35 AM »

I fixed the problem with the screenshot, and the "Homo" of the title is the "Homo" used on the term "Homo Sapiens". It does NOT mean "Homosexual"! lol

Then again, I should consider changing the title....
Sanojian
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:44:01 AM »

The screenshot is still not showing.

Of course, I realized immediately that the title references a blend of human and machine.  But a less insightful, mature, and worldly person than myself might have had the first impression that this game is about the adventures of a gay robot. 

Again, not me.  I am talking about other people.

lucienstark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 04:41:54 AM »

I do agree when it comes to the confusion of the title -- it can be easily misinterpreted. I understood that you meant "homo" from "homo sapiens" instead of "homosexuality" or anything along those terms. But for the sake of keeping the title something that wouldn't be easily misunderstood by the public, it would probably be better to change it to mean something similar, just use a different word.

Also, are you by any chance looking for a composer? I know it might be a bit too early to start thinking about music but I can help you with that.
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:20 AM »

I don't think you have to worry about the title.  So far, everyone has understood it perfectly and claimed that someone else wouldn't understand.  Everyone knows the term "homo sapien" and "homo X" isn't something that's often used to describe anything as being homosexual.  Certainly not in the title of an artistic work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic