Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:35:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCitybound
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Citybound  (Read 18086 times)
TROPtastic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:47 PM »

@ryansumo - The other main places (that I know of) that he posts is on reddit, at reddit.com/r/citybound, and at Simtropolis in his subforum.

@oyog - Yes, pedestrian traffic will be simulated separately from vehicular traffic.
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »

Since you discussed liking dynamic cities, I'm hoping that the cities here also change according to decisions that you make (ie how you plot out the roads etc.)

What exactly do you mean with that? Change in which way?

What are your thoughts on agriculture in SimCity? Have you played SC4 with the SPAM mod? I haven't spent a whole lot of time with it but it seems like a neat way to allow rural communities compared to the base game's focus on purely developing a large metropolis.

I haven't played with that mod and I can't remember exactly how it worked in SC4. All it did was offer jobs, right? In Citybound agriculture will be very important, since it produces one of the main resources citizens need: food.

Any plans for simulating pedestrian traffic separate from vehicular traffic?

Yes.

I've always been frustrated that in the SimCity series old buildings get replaced with new buildings. I get why it was necessary in a game like SC2k but it still always bothered me. Sometimes that's not how it works. Abandoned factories get turned into living space or studio space. Older buildings get reused before they get demolished and... Ok, now I'm just ranting. I'll stop now. You keep doing what you're doing. I'm only getting so worded up because I'm so excited to see where you and your game are going.

In Citybound I want to implement it so the constructor of a new building that replaces an old one has to be able to afford demolishing the old one. So reuse would be a more viable option there as well.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »

I haven't played with that mod and I can't remember exactly how it worked in SC4. All it did was offer jobs, right? In Citybound agriculture will be very important, since it produces one of the main resources citizens need: food.

I didn't spend a lot of time with it but if I remember right it made agriculture a demand for the other zone types and made spread out rural towns as viable as dense cities. If you're interested here's the documentation.

In Citybound I want to implement it so the constructor of a new building that replaces an old one has to be able to afford demolishing the old one. So reuse would be a more viable option there as well.

That's awesome.
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 08:54:17 AM »

This looks great...BUT where have I heard that voice before.....

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »

...probably nowhere?
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 01:11:57 AM »

My god, this game is a phenomenal example of minimalism already; the buildings are so simple and yet everything looks bright and colourful and interesting. Is there any lighting going on in Citybound at the moment?

So long and thanks for all the pi
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 04:54:00 AM »

My god, this game is a phenomenal example of minimalism already; the buildings are so simple and yet everything looks bright and colourful and interesting. Is there any lighting going on in Citybound at the moment?

Thanks!
Yes there is a combination of hemisphere lighting (blue light from the sky, slightly reddish light from the ground) and directional sun light that also casts a subtle shadow.
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 06:00:55 AM »

Yeah I though I could see some shadows there but I wasn't sure if they were dynamic or not

So long and thanks for all the pi
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »

Hmm... Eickhoff? Could it be that we will *finally* see city planning from a European perspective instead of American?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:27:17 AM by eobet » Logged

anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 06:34:08 AM »

That could very well be!
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 10:38:21 AM »

Sorry for double-post, but there's a new update:

The Road to Alpha, Week 6 - Intermezzo & Community Activity
Kurt
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »

Holy shit yes yes yes

I <3 SimCity but it sucks at the same time. This looks 10x better

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 04:51:30 AM »

...probably nowhere?

but you sound so familiar... like some EA guy or sth...

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 04:22:49 PM »

New update!

The Road to Alpha, Week 7 - First Signs of Gameplay Detected
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »

Again, new update!

The Road to Alpha, Week 8 - Intermezzo & Big Announcement
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »

Congrats!

Also, that music is fantastic!
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »

Thanks!

New Update Again!

The Road to Alpha, Week 9 - A Day In the Life of a Citizen
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:20 PM »

Would it be possible for the player to define the time simulation before they start a game?

For example; A player starts a new game. They then have the option to play with one of three or four time scales. Then they can select whether they want to play with real world day/night cycles that zip by or an abstract night cycle that has nothing to do with time (I think SC3 had something like that) or just turn off night completely.

I guess realistically this might create all kinds of new ways to break the simulation. I'm on my third beer and I'm getting fanciful so don't treat this as a serious suggestion.
 Beer!
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 04:58:32 AM »

I'd rather come up with one time system that works well.
If people still want something different, they can create mods.
Nexima
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 08:39:32 AM »

This looks excellent and i'm very excited! I like the 'paint' idea , i've brainstormed sometime similar. i'm inspired.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic