Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:59:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCitybound
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Citybound  (Read 18141 times)
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 07:21:30 PM »

If people still want something different, they can create mods.

Best answer.
hogge
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »

I love city builders.
It would be cool if you'd add a twist to it somehow. I've always been intrigued idea of building a city and then waging a  war in it.

eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »

I love city builders.
It would be cool if you'd add a twist to it somehow. I've always been intrigued idea of building a city and then waging a  war in it.

See mod answer above, but isn't the entire point of city builders (or any tycoon game) that they are peaceful? Smiley

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »

I love city builders.

I would think the best answer to wanting to play a game that doesn't already exist is to make it yourself.
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »

I remember seeing this a while ago. I really want there to be a great modern SimCity.

Following. Don't cancel it. Smiley

anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »

Following. Don't cancel it. Smiley

I won't.

Here is the new update!
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

The road tool looks really neat and versatile. Good job. After watching that and seeing the lopsided cloverleaf interchange, I think there should be a way to make things symmetrical. Have you given that any thought?

I noticed you looking away from the camera often in the video, perhaps to read stuff you had written down. My advice would be to maintain focus with the camera if you're going to continue having those be a part of the devlog videos, which I hope you do because I like it.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »

Yes! I can finally build a city with rotaries instead of intersections!  Big Laff
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »

The road tool looks really neat and versatile. Good job. After watching that and seeing the lopsided cloverleaf interchange, I think there should be a way to make things symmetrical. Have you given that any thought?

I noticed you looking away from the camera often in the video, perhaps to read stuff you had written down. My advice would be to maintain focus with the camera if you're going to continue having those be a part of the devlog videos, which I hope you do because I like it.

There will be geometrical helpers like guidelines and maybe grids, maybe also a symmetry option.

Thanks for the feedback, I noticed that as well. I am indeeed reading notes there, next time I will try to talk more freely and look more into the camera.
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 09:12:59 AM »

Feature I want above all in this game: public transport that doesn't require you to dig up half your city like SimCity does...

So long and thanks for all the pi
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »

There will be geometrical helpers like guidelines and maybe grids, maybe also a symmetry option.

Thanks for the feedback, I noticed that as well. I am indeeed reading notes there, next time I will try to talk more freely and look more into the camera.

PROTIP: teleprompter :D otherwise, great vid!

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »

PROTIP: teleprompter :D otherwise, great vid!

This time I tried to talk completely freely:

New Update: The Road to Alpha, Week 12 - Picking It Up Again
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »

New Update: The Road to Alpha, Week 13 - Just a Quick One
Inothernews1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »

This is shaping up to be a great looking game! Hand Thumbs Up Left