Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 11:01:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSkelethon - DEMO Available
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Skelethon - DEMO Available  (Read 11066 times)
ghoulkid86
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »

Wouldn't it be easier to just set the game into fullscreen mode?

Fullscreen mode on GM4Mac is buggy as fuck though..

LordBistian
Level 0

Dat bro.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:14 AM »

Yes, but the things to fix that on mac are buggy/don't compile on windows. I'll look into that when I get home, maybe I can figure something out. I just need to know what it should look like. Should it just scale to biggest window size? There's definitely things to be done for this game to run well on Windows, also, what I didn't mention in that last post, the game doesn't ship with a special font, so it's picking the default Game Maker font, which is anti-aliased and kinda ugly, should something be done about that?

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 02:14:42 AM »

Player walk is fucking hilarious - could just a screen full of those dancing in different sequences and I'd be satisfied.

mickmaus
Level 1

walkying waylking

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »

Yes, but the things to fix that on mac are buggy/don't compile on windows. I'll look into that when I get home, maybe I can figure something out. I just need to know what it should look like. Should it just scale to biggest window size? There's definitely things to be done for this game to run well on Windows, also, what I didn't mention in that last post, the game doesn't ship with a special font, so it's picking the default Game Maker font, which is anti-aliased and kinda ugly, should something be done about that?

I have to admit i'm a total noob about these finer points in GM. What I want is for the view in room to be 256 X 192 (roughly, amybe an extra 16x16 tile doesnt matter). I want it to auto scale up big and i'd rather have it run fullscreen scaled keeping the ratio (black borders on the side & what have you). I was having trouble getting it to always hit this between rooms so I have that script setting it dnyamically. Since there's only three real rooms in the game (title, dungeon floor, shop) I could go back in and manually set the views up. I hate that it flickers and flips out for a sec on room transition.

As for the font, on mac it looks simple sharp pixelated which is fine, I wonder if there's an easy way to just get that on windows with out any antialiasing (like in the picture of the shop posted earlier)?

Thanks so much for the help and feedback.

ghoulkid86
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 11:38:41 PM »

As for the font, on mac it looks simple sharp pixelated which is fine, I wonder if there's an easy way to just get that on windows with out any antialiasing (like in the picture of the shop posted earlier)?

Just add it as a resource at its true size (no anti-alias). Then you can scale it without it getting blurry.
Maybe you already did this and it's just Windows being a jerk though.. then I dunno

LordBistian
Level 0

Dat bro.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2014, 02:42:29 AM »

I actually did all that in the build I sent you, except it doesn't scale big, but you can fullscreen it using F4, the font thing is easy, GM8 allows you to turn off anti-alias on a font. So I added an arial 8pt font or something and set it at the start of the game.

The question is, did the forum pm system derp and not send the message?

In which case you can get a windoof build from my dropbox here.  Coffee

also i really enjoy the titlescreen music.

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2014, 03:23:23 AM »

looks cool Smiley

JosephElliott
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 06:32:47 AM »

Let me know if you need some music.
I've already got some music by the great Joseph Elliott himself, but thanks for the offer!

?

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2014, 05:32:10 AM »

Finish this crap, loser.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic