Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:17:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsReprisal Universe - Launched!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Reprisal Universe - Launched!!  (Read 24788 times)
Dino_Salad
Level 0

Love making games :D (I think my cat is a wizard)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

This is awesome! That art! wow!

Dinosaurs Love Salad
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 06:59:15 AM »

Thanks for the comments,

Sorry if it's been asked, but is it possible to get an option to have the map take up the whole screen?  Aside from making it more attractive it might just be easier on the usability.

It's not going to be able to run the full screen due to technical bottlenecks. It's not using the GFX card which makes it all have to consider the CPU loads. Having said that I quite like the 'Diorama' feel it has when it's a cross section but I know what you mean. In an ideal world it would have been GFX card driven.

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 05:58:41 AM »

Finishing and drawing the hero characters. Switching to 8 frames of animation for all the sprites at the beginning was so exciting but now ... its tiring! This is 'Boreas' - Wind hero.

Going through the rest of the game and finishing all the little things is super time intensive, but I guess that's the nature of RTS games. It's good though as I'm also being quite ruthless chopping out stuff that I don't think is necessary and hopefully making the whole experience a lot more refined.

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 06:35:16 AM »

Did a shed load of dev on Saturday, the first time in a while I've been able to have a full clear day at it, so here’s a number of screen shots in a story board style of the game's flow I guess ...

First up is the screen showing overall progress. I call this the ‘Sky Map’. It will give you an overview of your progress so far in the game, score and also notice the ‘Universe Rank’. This is your position in the universe compared with all the other players around the world.

Once past the progress screen your presented with the star system (providing you have collected the first Amulet on your home planet) Once here you can drag and explore the system travelling between different planets. The only thing that will stop your progress is you ‘Influence’ range. If a planet is outside this range then you wont be able to get to it. You can expand your influence by successfully reprising islands.

You will also have a journal that charts the amulets you have collected - a total of 10 need to be discovered - and also entries that are logged as you progress. This is quite a new feature and will help to drive narrative I hope. You’ll be able to call this page up at any point in the star system section.

This screen shot shows the island views for the selected planet. You can scroll through these but will need to Reprise each island in order to unlock the next. You will also be able to see how discovered this planet, how many explorer’s are at the planet, who last settled the planet and also which explores left Legacy’s on the islands. Legacy’s allow players to customise and change the islands leaving them for other explorer’s to play.

Once you’ve selected an island, your into the game! - Expand, build, use totems, use new Wonder totems, collect XP and so on …

The above screen shot shows a XP item has been collected. XP will allow you to upgrade and improved your totem powers.

Here's the class upgrade screen. All but three of the totem powers can be upgraded in 5 levels of class. Depending on a totems class level different behaviors occur such as length of time the totem is active for, or power of the totem.

That's it for now :D

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »

Finally

after some serious crunch and some full nights of working, the Universe is done and released as Beta! If your interested you can grab a PC or Mac build from here:

http://www.reprisaluniverse.com/privatebeta/

I'm keen for feedback and comments.
It's been a LONG development Coffee

In other news, Steam doesn't seem to have the most speediest help desk, over two weeks now waiting for a reply about a problem with one of their forms. Sigh.

Anyone else had this problem? I've just been raising tickets on the support site as I can't seem to find a direct email address ...

QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:45 AM »

Couldn't download in chrome, got it via firefox, but then as soon as it got past the intro:

All the buttons w/ question marks were flashing white, clicking on them did nothing. Love to give you some feedback, but  Shrug
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »

Sad Nuts,

Can I just ask, are you on PC? Also is this the first time you have ever tried a version of Reprisal Universe or have you played a previous beta before?

Thank you for posting, will try to get to the bottom of it!!

QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »

Yes, on a PC with windows 7, first time I've played.
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2014, 11:13:56 AM »

Great, ok that helps a lot. I think it's fixed now  Smiley

I've updated the PC build (it's weird Chrome does that) Hopefully this will work. I've been used to players testing it that have already played, and as such already set up the local save data, I wasn't checking fully for a brand new player, doh!  Facepalm

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback.
Hope it works,

kingdinosaurgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2014, 01:44:16 PM »

Can't believe I've never heard of this before, love the art style and how it supports the nature of the game.  Going to wait and play the full release but man does this look cool.

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

Woohoo ohmygosh this looks so gorgeous!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

I bought and played the original a TON, and now this looks even more super. Definately jumping in and trying the Beta now. Will edit this comment once I have comments!

EDIT: Grrr... I didn't have a lot of time to play it, but the AI feels a lot more aggressive (which is a really good thing). The art is BEAUTIFUL! Though the HUD and menus can be almost a bit too simplistic. Maybe there could be a box that fades in around something when you hover over it?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:46:24 PM by Cloudiest Nights » Logged

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2014, 03:43:58 AM »

Thanks for the feedback,

With regards to the Chrome alert on PCs, I moved the ZIP files from DropBox to my own server, and now it gives a message of "PC - Reprisal Universe...zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."

Sheez, anyway, if you choose the option to 'Keep' it seems to do just that Smiley

EDIT: Though the HUD and menus can be almost a bit too simplistic. Maybe there could be a box that fades in around something when you hover over it?

Do you mean in the actually game or the menu's on selection screens etc? the UI is super simplified now! ... maybe too much so ...

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »

Thanks for the feedback,

With regards to the Chrome alert on PCs, I moved the ZIP files from DropBox to my own server, and now it gives a message of "PC - Reprisal Universe...zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."

Sheez, anyway, if you choose the option to 'Keep' it seems to do just that Smiley

EDIT: Though the HUD and menus can be almost a bit too simplistic. Maybe there could be a box that fades in around something when you hover over it?

Do you mean in the actually game or the menu's on selection screens etc? the UI is super simplified now! ... maybe too much so ...

I mean the menus on the selection screen where there's only the text and an arrow. Since there's pretty much only text it made me wonder what was clickable and what wasn't. In game I think the menus all look great!

EDIT: I was just wondering about the music in the game, since I don't think it's in yet. What type of music are you going to have in the final release? I've been playing with some pandora on and stuff and some chill ambient electronic stuff and it sounds great...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:06:30 PM by Cloudiest Nights » Logged

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2014, 02:29:27 AM »

I was thinking about now having any music  Shocked just keeping all the audio as environmental to try and set the tone.

I mean the menus on the selection screen where there's only the text and an arrow. Since there's pretty much only text it made me wonder what was clickable and what wasn't. In game I think the menus all look great!

Yeah, I think some of the buttons suffer when the words are short and the arrow is distanced away. Will have a little think. I need to change the 'enter your name' bit as some players haven't realized that you have to click on the text to start editing.

Beta testing is invaluable!  Smiley

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2014, 06:22:49 AM »

Happy Friday! Pushed an update fixing a few bugs, added some more feedback and also making the universe report back the correct amount of players on the home planet in the Universe.

http://www.reprisaluniverse.com/privatebeta/

Also and excitingly, put together a 1min teaser trailer  Smiley

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2014, 06:07:39 AM »

I wanted to add some sort of quick visual guide as to were players were in the universe. As you roll on planets your told how many players are on the planet but still felt like it needed something extra.

I've added in players as these little pixel crafts that orbit their planets in Reprisals Universe [v 35.07]

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2014, 05:20:56 AM »

Almost there! Reprisal Universe finally launches on 15 September steam.  Smiley

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319560

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

Today is the day! If this Calculus class doesn't kill me I'll try to download it tonight! Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »

After 3 years of Development, it’s finally live - For PC and Mac :D

Reprisal Universe on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319560/

Reprisal Universe on GOG
http://www.gog.com/game/reprisal_universe/

Reprisal Universe on Desura
http://www.desura.com/games/reprisal

Managed to sync the release across all these made me almost puke with nerves!!
 Coffee

qwurp
Level 0

"Oh you make games? Like an app?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »

Congrats on the release! Our game just appeared as a Coming Soon! on Steam and its very... surreal. I really don't know what to expect from Steam as a small indie game (developed on a microbudget) with no real marketing force behind it. What would you say your experience has been with Steam thus far and exposure/sales? Meeting expectations? Exceeding? Failing?

And yes, I totally realize I'm asking super personal questions. Just curious what others are experiencing right now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic