Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:14:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer/Artist looking for a Programmer/Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer/Artist looking for a Programmer/Artist  (Read 526 times)
WaywardEmcee
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »

So over the past few months I tried to pretend that I was Jonathan Blow and tried to hack together something I'm proud of by myself. Maybe it's the lack of over a dozen years of industry experience and financial freedom, but that essentially led me to creating a lot of vaporware. Then it clearly dawned upon me, like a brick in the face, that if I want to finish something I'm proud of, I will have to collaborate. Now, I've experienced some bad collaborations in the past (like most people) so I was hesitant, and I decided to spend sometime on thinking why those didn't work out. So I came to this working theory, that the best collaborations are between two people who want to make games for the same reason and want to make the same type of games.

A bit about me: I'm a third year CS student, so I have a strong programming background. I'm also a freelance web-designer, and have a finished minor in English & Theater, so I more or less have the know-how on how to handle marketing/PR. I've also been learning how to model, draw pixel art, and animate them (check out my "latest posts" for examples), but I feel my programming skills are far more competent.

What I want to know about you (these don't have to be more than a paragraph each):
Why do you want to make games?
What games inspire you to make games?
Realistically how much time a week do you want to commit?

If you have a portfolio or code examples, I'd be interested in taking a look, but honestly it doesn't matter that much. If you don't know what you're doing, it will be pretty obvious pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:34:08 AM by WaywardEmcee » Logged

Follow me on the twitters: @WaywardEmcee.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic