Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:47:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsRemake Of Original Dark Forces Using Unreal Engine 4 (Artist/Designer Needed)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Remake Of Original Dark Forces Using Unreal Engine 4 (Artist/Designer Needed)  (Read 931 times)
zoid
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to inquire about this!

I'm a long time professional game programmer and with the release of UE4 I'm looking at doing something I've wanted to do for a long time: A modern remake of the original Dark Forces. I'd be curious of I could get a texture artist, a character artist/animator, and a Level Designer interested in doing it "for fun".

If you are an artist or designer looking for experience this would be a great opportunity to gain working knowledge of industry standard technology, and put a shipped project on your resume. I've done games professionally for years and I like to stay on-top of industry standard stuff which is my motivation for learning Unreal 4 (I have experience with Unity, and I've written my own engines as well).

The project scope would be something that sticks to the original game, it wouldn't be a re-imagining, or any bigger than the original, we'd remake it as close to the original as possible. It'd be a project released for free, and probably require the original Dark Forces to run. It's also possible that we might be able to release it on Steam as a free project through Green Light. Historically the IP for Star Wars has been very friendly to fan art and projects, and we'd be sure to emphasize that this is fan art all the way: a remake of a classic and not a new IP or something intended to compete in any way with existing or future Star Wars IPs.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic