Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:50:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHarold's Hills out NOW! (new game from Free Lunch Design)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Harold's Hills out NOW! (new game from Free Lunch Design)  (Read 4890 times)
Johan Peitz
Level 1

88 mph

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:52:28 AM »

Hi all!

Some of you might remember a game I posted here about 2 years ago. If you don't, it doesn't matter, because what matters is that it is finally complete and has been released! Yay! :D

Harold's Hills:

MORE INFO AND DOWNLOAD

Christmas is since long over but Santa has done a really sloppy job and almost none of the Christmas gifts have reached their destination. Instead they're lying scattered all over the place. It's now up to Harold the Homeboy and his old toboggan to tidy up the mess before all the little children start crying! As usual, Harold wants to do a really fancy job and rack up some great points to impress his friends.

Partake in the craziest toboggan riding yet! Multiple highscore lists and lots of secrets will keep you occupied for a long long time.

In short it's all about going downhill at crazy speeds and racking up a lot of combo points.

I hope you like it, feedback is welcome!

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:44:51 AM by johanp » Logged

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:14:02 AM »

Oh I remember this, it was pretty good. Will download.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »

You should advertise in the title that it's a new FLD game.
That'll net you more views.
At first when I saw this I went "oh, that looks cool." Then I saw where the link led to and went "HOLY SHIT YES NEW FLD GAME DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW."

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »

I am not a friend of custom toolbars (especially those which the installer "recommends" I install).

The game's audio loops irritatingly when it loses focus.

Fullscreen mode doesn't support widescreen monitor aspect ratios properly.

I think the points awarded for fast jumps is disproportionately low to the risk associated. I scored a lot more by delivering few presents to many houses than saving up gifts and giving them all to one house. I think, however, that this sends the right message about the spirit of giving and Christmas cheer, so that's a good thing in a way.

I would like some way to more easily dodge obstacles that occur when i jump over houses - perhaps a slo-mo mode for this? Sometimes it seemed like there was genuinely no way for me to avoid them.

Otherwise still a really great game - I really love the graphics, the music is really nice now, and the game is really polished and pleasant.

Johan Peitz
Level 1

88 mph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 02:05:53 AM »

Cool, glad to hear you like it!

Concerning toolbars, I agree to a certain extent. But the FLD toolbar is really good! I use it myself all the time. It has direct links to our online games, rss feed to the forum and much more. A lot of FLD fans find it really useful!

Audio/video stuff - I know. Sad Wrote that code ages ago and don't do much allegro stuff nowadays so there's not much to about it.

Easiest way to get better at the game is aim for the corners of the screen instead of the middle bottom, that way you can see further and get much more time to react (same goes when jumping).

Thanks for the feedback!

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »

nice graphics and fine gameplay.
good game.

as haowan already mentioned it would be useful to have a slo mo function when jumping over houses. that way it would be easier to avoid upcoming obstacles when the player gets really fast because of delivering many gifts at once.

maybe adding a jump button? i think that would add a decent amount of fun to the game when the player can jump over tree stumps (and maybe over stones as well?)

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic