Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:51:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for another artist for a sci-fi Metroidvania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for another artist for a sci-fi Metroidvania  (Read 1008 times)
FraktalZero
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »

Hi guys, we are presently seeking a cool pixel artist specialized in animations.
We are presently a programmer and me, the uncool artist who can't do animations :D

I was behind the concept and graphics of Silent Planet: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37961.msg981438#msg981438
we've been busy revamping the concept and drastically changing a lot of the core mechanics.

I can take care of the environments and character concepts, but animations are giving me serious headaches. If you are interested or would you like to know more, don't hesitate to send me an email to:

jamesalex.santoro at gmail.com

Thanks!

Breakdown Epiphanies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 03:44:25 AM »

Hi FractalZero,
those screenshots already look very atmospheric and inspiring. Cool stuff! If you continue your work on the project the spot is still vacant in your team, I would love to write some music for your game. I'm working together with a friend here in Hamburg (Germany) and I think our styles would definitely complement each other well! At first glance I am thinking of some sound-desing stuff to amplify the feeling of vastness and emptiness that is only broken by some quiet and gentle harmonies and melodies at key points on the map. Then when the player approaches something hazardous, it gets more hectic. But that's just brainstorming Wink
If you want to take a listen to our stuff, you'll find some tracks and ideas here:
https://soundcloud.com/breakdownepiphanies/sets/working-class
You can contact us at [email protected]
Cheers,
Patrick

FraktalZero
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:27:10 AM »

Really cool music and also thanks for showing interest. But at the moment I'm just trying to work together with another artist.

For everyone else: My background is as 3D Artist and illustrator. I presently work as a senior 3D Character artist in an indie company. So I'm better either with 3D or with Illustrations, concepts and still images. My weak point is animation and this is terribly slowing me down in the process of creating. Taking into account that I'm also designing the game mechanics.

To anyone interested, don't hesitate to write me.

Cheers
Breakdown Epiphanies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »

Thanks <3 That's cool, I can understand that thinking about sound and music is not your priority at this stage of your work. Wishing you all the best for the project though and I feel free to contact me further down the road should you be in need of somebody writing a score. Still absolutely digging the aesthetics of your artwork.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic