Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:48:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGalactic Junk
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Galactic Junk  (Read 1771 times)
Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:59 AM »

http://www.upsidedownbird.com/games/space-junk/

This is a mobile game made in unity. The link above is the webplayer test version.
This game is a space shooter where you use your turret to move around in space and try to get to different sectors. Which ever way you shoot will project you into the opposite direction. You must balance both shooting with moving while avoiding asteroids and defeating enemies. The goal right now is to get the furthest.

Controls:
Mouse to aim.
Left click to shoot
(thats it!)

Type of feedback we are looking for:
How do you like the enemies?
Is it the right kind of difficult?
Would and upgrade store like in Jetpack Joyride benefit the game?
What sector did you get to?
Would you play this on your phone?
Would you pay for this game and how much?
Do you enjoy it more on the phone or webplayer?

Become part of the Google Play Beta:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112515594883020155963

UpsideDownBird.com
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:04:51 AM by dcdempsey » Logged
jamescam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »

I provided feedback yesterday on Reddit but since I went back to your game at work today I wanted to provide some more...

1st, me revisiting the game should tell you something!  It's a very interesting little concept.  I got to Sector 4 this time and didnt get bored with the gameplay mechanic.  I do think there should be more direction telling me why I should go forth and explore as some players could end up spending there time right at the beginning area.

Not sure how you will monetize this game though as I dont think I would pay for ship upgrades.  Maybe some type of "continue from here"?

Anyway, I really enjoy the game and wish you the best of luck.

Gut Shot Games<br />
www.twitter.com/gutshotgames
Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »

Thanks for your continued feedback! It means a lot!

We having been trying to think of an idea that would push players to move out from the beginning so the whole "High score with distance" is an attempt to do that. We previously just had a high score system where you got point for destroying things. We also had a multiplier with kill streaks so it is in the workings!

I like the idea of "continue from here" purchase. I think we might use it!

Anyway thanks for the feedback and we really appreciate it!
Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:11:05 AM »

Here are some screen shots!

Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »

To specify, the in game store would accept "virtual currency" found within the game.
Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »

Hey guys.

We have an update on the game. We would really love it if we had some testers for it.

Controls:
Mouse to aim.
Left click to shoot
(thats it!)

Type of feedback we are looking for:
1) How do you like the enemies?
2) Is it the right kind of difficult?
3) Did you understand what the powers-ups that you collected actually did?
4) What sector did you get to?
5) Would you play this on your phone?
6) Would you pay for this game and how much?
7) If you played it on a phone/tablet, did you enjoy it more on the phone/tablet or webplayer?

As always, thank you for the feedback!

Become part of the Google Play Beta:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112515594883020155963

UpsideDownBird.com
feglk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 08:39:19 AM »

First thoughts-

I like the gameplay, but it doesn't really work using a mouse - Much better suited to the touchscreen that it is being designed for. It's nice to need to balance out the maneuvering with attacking, and I think that you have tweaked the controls really well to fit with the play style. I also like the movement of the ship, and the way the body moves when you shoot. It seems natural and flowing.

The graphics are nice. I like the look of the scene and the asteroids. I'm not so much of a fan of the spaceships - I feel it's too much detail for their small size, and they end up looking a bit messy, especially for the player character.

I'd like to see the asteroids move when you shoot/hit into them, it would give the game more life, and challenge.

Also the health bar maybe takes up too much space, but then I would need to see it on a tablet/phone to know if it would effect it properly.

A great game showing great promise!

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm making a game. Take a look http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40092.msg1019350
Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »

First thoughts-

I like the gameplay, but it doesn't really work using a mouse - Much better suited to the touchscreen that it is being designed for. It's nice to need to balance out the maneuvering with attacking, and I think that you have tweaked the controls really well to fit with the play style. I also like the movement of the ship, and the way the body moves when you shoot. It seems natural and flowing.

The graphics are nice. I like the look of the scene and the asteroids. I'm not so much of a fan of the spaceships - I feel it's too much detail for their small size, and they end up looking a bit messy, especially for the player character.

I'd like to see the asteroids move when you shoot/hit into them, it would give the game more life, and challenge.

Also the health bar maybe takes up too much space, but then I would need to see it on a tablet/phone to know if it would effect it properly.

A great game showing great promise!

Thanks for the feedback! The web version is certainly not comparable with the tablet/phone version. The touchscreen makes a huge difference. And this version of the health bar is new. So that is very helpful! Hope that you get a chance to play the mobile version!
Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »

First youtube playthrough!!

Upside Down Bird
Level 0

Upside Down Bird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »

Galactic Junk