Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:44:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Beta] DungeonUp - A puzzle-like rogue-like dungeon crawler
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [Beta] DungeonUp - A puzzle-like rogue-like dungeon crawler  (Read 14865 times)
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 02:07:09 AM »

Despite my attack being over 150, the lizard warriors on the -20 mass battle still hit me. Is it because the order of attack gets screwed up by the continuous fighting?

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 05:46:05 PM »

Like everyone else I'm quite blown away by this game.  The swarm of roguelikes we've seen lately makes it hard for one to stand out over the other, but you've got a winning combination here I think.  I played a good 30 minutes before deciding to get back to work.  I only usually ever give games here 5-10 minutes max so that says a little something.

I hope you bring this to mobile, I think with the right marketing you might get lucky.  Also I know F2P is like almost a racial slur at this point, but it almost seems like this game is begging for an F2P mechanic.  Since it's a roguelike people can't accuse you of designing the game to be a moneygrabbing machine (although they probably still will) but I came to some points where I was almost begging to just buy a key somehow. 

It was exhilarating getting out of the first stage with just exactly the amount of keys I needed, and the little story segments you have built in are a nice touch.  My only peeve would be some improved walk animations but otherwise I love this game!

Thanks for your time and advice!

Yes, this game was born with F2P features and had been optimized for mobile playing, but I decide to go PC/Mac standalone first, because no matter how many games was installed in my smart phone, or how good they are, I just won't spend much time on them. But the feeling is totally different when I'm playing on my PC. So I guess I should make something that I would love to play as the first priority.

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »

Despite my attack being over 150, the lizard warriors on the -20 mass battle still hit me. Is it because the order of attack gets screwed up by the continuous fighting?

No, it's not a bug. They attack you first because the captain ordered them to Smiley

TriStarch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »

Played through part of the tutorial and died so I just jumped into the game on Hell mode. Tongue

It's pretty fun once you get the hang of the strategy and weighing the risk/reward of attacking an enemy that your shield doesn't completely defend you from.  I ended up dying on the Skeleton King because I didn't know I'd have to fight the other skeletons before him, but also partly because I attack some enemies early on I shouldn't have.

It looks like the best strategy is to go through and get all the easy defense boosts you can in the first 10 floors before fighting any non trivial enemies.  This seems a little tedious to me, but it's still fun.

The only bug I ran into is that you can hover over enemies that are hidden by fog of war and see what's in a room you haven't unlocked.  It also felt weird at first that I couldn't walk away from combat without clicking the flee button, but I got used to it after a bit.

I'd totally pick this up on iOS.  It's got such simple controls that it would work perfectly.
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »

I am really enjoying this game! I find the yellow key management frustrating but I enjoy the simplicity of the interaction and it has personality.  Coffee

I've been playing for what feels like an hour. I'm on floor -32 and I'm playing casual.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 08:05:16 AM »

No, it's not a bug. They attack you first because the captain ordered them to Smiley

Yeah, I don't think -20 is winnable.

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 06:55:59 PM »

Yeah, I don't think -20 is winnable.

It is winnable, and in several ways. Grin Have you ever tried any items?

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:47 PM »

Guys, please take some time to vote for the features you want here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FZCM8Z3

Honeybadgerme2
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »

First of all, I'd like to say that I love the game, especially the excellent depth to the puzzles. Because of that I'll try my best to avoid spoilers in my questions for players who have not made it this far.

Now, on to business. Where is the third piece of the fire sword? Was I supposed to fight the genie? All the Dwarf King gave me was a stupid magic key and now he won't speak to me. Nor will the blacksmith, even though I didn't choose to upgrade my defense in fear it would waste his one use. Also, do the secret walls spell out FALSE? Is that in regards to my choice with the genie?

I'm normally just a lurker on threads like these, but I need answers since I'll probably end up needing to restart and get to the genie again and I don't have enough soul stones to do it twice for both remaining options with how hard levels -9 through 0 are.

Anyway, I'm so glad I decided to buy the full version. The difficulty spikes after level -30, but the puzzles get way better as if in reward for your perseverance. I was absolutely stunned when the sorceress absolutely murdered me the first time I fought her, but I noticed that she had illusionist or something like that in her name so I scoured the levels to get clues and the feeling of figuring it out without any help from the internet was satisfying in a way I haven't felt since childhood.

This game is more difficult than Demon's Souls and more addictive than candy crush, but if you've got the brains and the determination to push ever onward even after multiple failures and learn from your mistakes it opens up and shines as a piece of minimalist artwork. I say, bravo sirs.
Honeybadgerme2
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 07:02:55 PM »

Ok, I've started back from the beginning and tried all the possible options with the genie including killing it and still no third piece of the fire sword. Is this a bug? There's no more secret levels or bosses to fight except the one on level 0.
euken
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 04:09:43 AM »

hey clawcat, is there something in floors 1,2&3??? i cant find my way there
UnDead Pixel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »

I wanted to let you know that there are two missing levels in the game. At least on Armor Games there are two missing levels. Floor -17 and Floor -6 are completely missing in the Wand of Flight interface. Unless they are hidden levels, this needs to be fixed.

Also why do the full versions have different prices? The following places are the current prices at the different stores:

Armor Games -> $5
Windows and Mac Version -> $10 (On Sale for $5)
iTunes -> $0.99
Google Play -> $0.99

Also wanted to mention that Kongregate no longer has the game on their site. Can't even search for the game either. New Grounds doesn't allow you to purchase the game for them. Is there a reason for the different prices?

I would like to also mention that many people on New Grounds and Armor Games feel like they weren't told it is a demo. It is in a description and clearly labeled in game, but they seem to want a pop-up message stating it is a demo instead of subtle messages.
BSKgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »

Circle, when you clock to move your character, circle, its perfect, not pixelated it's breaking all pixelated style, change it for pixelated circle, really it looks like a small thing, but small things making big difference.

But, work is great, if you will add more animations for idle for characters so they will choose random animation so it wont looks like clones, this will adds a lot.

Game is great by itself!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic