Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:08:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[Solarcade]PowerUp! Submitted to Yoyo's comp!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Solarcade]PowerUp! Submitted to Yoyo's comp!  (Read 3777 times)
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »

Its finished!  Tears of Joy

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/64038

Shit came together in the final hour. I feel very blessed. Sure I had some obstacles along the way, like not knowing how to use gamemaker, but I managed to plow through. And even though Im too ashamed to show you my code, Im quite happy with how the it turned out. The actual gameplay may be a bit weak, but I learned a fuckton and had a blast working on something that Im passionate about.

Last summer I had a dream that I wanted to make a solar powered arcade cabinet. It wasn't until October that I actually got around to doing anything about it. I posted my rough draft and architekt told me abut the Yoyogames competition. What a coincidence! Ive worked pretty hard for this last 2 months, and Ive had some extraordinary help. My friend Heath made me some fantastic music and andy0_0black fucking delivered with an amazing AI system in like 2 days:beer: And just in general, I got a lot of support from you guys, and I really appreciate it.

I just submitted it, and I got a site up (with help from my brother) http://solarcade.org/ ! So ya, check out the final version with some more music and an AI system for those people like me who dont have 3 other friends to play with. And rate it if you feel impelled. If I win this competition It would pretty much fund my entire project  Kiss

aight, peath out (gotta get working on the next 4 solarcade games...)
Gentleman

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »

Just played it. I didn't win; came in second place. LOL Very fun though, and well done. Everything in this game's pretty cheerful and poppy. Smiley I hope you win!

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »

Because it would be awesome! No quarters, and you can play all day! But It's also my own little way to spread the knowledge of solar energy, its amazing potential, and its importance in out future. It's definitely not an excuse for me to spend all my time making and playing video games!
Typo?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »

fffixed! thanks man  Cool

laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 11:50:22 PM »

Nice job! It's fun, good-looking, original, and sends a good message. Hope you do well in the competition.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »

It seems like the music played in the credits screen doesn't stop when the game restarts.  Other than that, it's a lot of fun :D
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »

I like it, a lot. Good job. Very fun.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 09:42:56 AM »

Awesome. May you do well in the comp my friend.

Also, you're actually making a solar-powered arcade cabinet? That's intense.

michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »

It seems like the music played in the credits screen doesn't stop when the game restarts.  Other than that, it's a lot of fun :D

what what what! balls! Cry lemme go fix that

mirosurabu
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »

Saw this one mentioned on allegro.cc forums. Quite interesting.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

oh, my brother posted it? spiffy!

thats to andy blacks inspiration, im now working on a combo and powerup system. youd think that, having named it power up, id have thought to put power ups in it  Undecided

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic