Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:06:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Artists to work on Unity 3D Project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Artists to work on Unity 3D Project  (Read 456 times)
FYNDR
Level 0

Cold fusion meets warm personality

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »

I am looking for a couple of people with 3D modelling experience to help collaborate on a project for which I have developed a working prototype. Currently the team consists of myself (programmer/developer), a second programmer, and two others (3D modelling/level design).

We need individuals who would be available to take on one or more of the following tasks:

• level creation (setting up outdoor or indoor environments from an existing design)
  • 3D character modelling/rigging (primarily for enemies/NPCs - this is currently the role in which we need people the most)
  • static 3D modeling (such as furniture and other non-moving objects)
  • model texturing

Based on your available skill set, we can have our current artists change designations accordingly so that we are able to address all of the above points.

Regarding the project itself: Oneiro is a 1st person 3D action-adventure game in which the player travels through a dream world. Each level corresponds to a different section of the dreamscape and vary greatly in terms of content. The player's goal is to escape from the dream world, exploring, puzzling, and sometimes fighting their way through. To get a better idea of what the game entails, please see the following instruction manual:

http://www.spelmobilesoftware.com/oneiro/oneiro_instruction_manual.pdf

I started proper work on Oneiro in February 2013 in my spare time and completed the prototype late last year. The screenshots included in the manual is part of the old prototype, which is very unpolished at this stage. This is because my focus was on getting the prototype done quickly (and also because I have no artistic experience), so in the interest of time I used stock models (mostly elongated cubes) with textures painted on top as stand-ins for actual models and level assets. From a more technical point of view, the prototype for Oneiro was created using Unity for the stock assets, terrains, and actual implementation, and Google SketchUp for the level meshes.

If you are an artist and you are interested in working on a 3D game, please respond either to this thread or send an e-mail to [email protected]. I can provide additional details in this thread or via e-mail as requested.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic