Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:22:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed 2d artist / collaborator for platformer in early development
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need 2d artist / collaborator for platformer in early development  (Read 887 times)
DarkUser
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:52:59 AM »

I'm looking for a good 2d artist and partner to help bring this game I am putting together to the next level.

The Game;
A platformer that will play similar to 10 second ninja and super meat boy, being a short level, skill based game.  The premise is to collect some items and reach the exit.  When you collect an item, after a few seconds it turns into an enemy and hunts you down, giving you a few seconds to collect the rest and reach exit before being overwhelmed.  

Who I'm looking for;
I want a 2d artist with ideas that is willing to join me in the creative process to put together what I'm missing as far as theme, style, and personality, and give the game a unique look, as well as throw around ideas for level design and mechanics.  I am a full timer in this, so a matching dedication is something I'd be looking for a possible revenue split, in order to have this in a great state in months, rather then years.  

But I am always open to talk about all possibilities of involvement.

As far as art, I'm really into games that are noir and quirky, such as World of Goo, Limbo, Oddworld, and team Meat stuff, and generally want to head in a similar direction in that regard. I think this would likely not be good for pixel art due to the physics/dynamic nature of some elements, but I could be shown otherwise.

Here is a low quality gif of some gameplay

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:22:35 PM by DarkUser » Logged

RiskySafe
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »

looks like a really great and fun game concept! The only thing that seems a bit overwhelming is the "Full-time" approach as it would be hard for me to balance with education and life in general.

But seems like a project with possibilities!
DarkUser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:30:16 AM »

I didn't mean to sound like I need someone full-time on this, just that I am and I would like someone with a dedication level that will see things through. The right creative mind trumps free time amount.

DarkUser
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »

few edits based on that

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic