Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:24:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopTitan Battle (Temp Name)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Titan Battle (Temp Name)  (Read 1319 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:43:40 AM »

So I was thinking of making this game but its going to require quite a bit of pixel art so I have started on it very early to get a prototype up and running. I am basically going to use a tileset and it will be a knight running around a very large world. Here is what I currently have. two different areas. The graveyard and the Sewers. I am going to need some critiques on this so feel free to comment.

I am not sure about the stone tiles in the sewers. I like the same color background in the graveyard, but I think I need a different color stone in the sewer area. What do you think?

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »

Did some more work on this including a temp boss area for the slime.

The game will basically be like a castlevania meets shadows of the colossus I wanted a big sprawling world you ran through, but only focused on finding the next boss to defeat. Combat is also different. I wanted something like the old NES games, where the player would dodge boss attacks, until the brief second where the boss is vulnerable to attacks. With that in mind I looked at what actions I really needed in the game and came up with mostly I needed a knight who could run around. So the player will only have left and right controls, no need to swing the sword just run into the boss at the right time. I also want to make each boss fight special.

First up is the slime. It will come out of some blocks on the ceiling, drop down onto the hero. It's eye will then open up and the player will have to hit the eye. I am also thinking about having the side the eye appears on be random so the player needs to get onto the correct side. I also might have it splat out projectiles on landing that the player will also need to dodge.

I will have a gif tomorrow for the boss. And you guys can comment on the animation. The hero walk might need some more frames.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 07:50:12 AM »

Gif of the Boss animations.

Does the monotone level design need some more color?

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »

Yo! I like the tiles and colors. I think the tiles could use a bit more color, though, yeah. It's kind of distracting, in a way, because the ground and walls are the same color basically as the outer area and the background.

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »

Changing the water to a more green variation of blue or purely green should make it more sewery.

As SolarLune correctly pinted out, the tiles could use some more work. To me it's especially the walking area, like ground tiles could have a stronger line on top of them to indicate this is something you walk on or something.

But in general I dig this vibe, be careful with the changes, because it will probably easy to mess up when adding stronger stuff.

Also the color of the earth could be less saturated/contrasting, but that's just me.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic