Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:55:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTiny Wizard - Fast paced PDL
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Tiny Wizard - Fast paced PDL  (Read 77590 times)
lionfish
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

This looks great! What program are you voxel modeling in?  Do you animate using Maya after you voxel created, or is it like pixel animation in 3d?

I think you're using voxels for the sword trails?  If you are, that looks great, and is super smart.  If not, I don't know how you're doing it. 

Pink is a win. 

Will you be doing a kickstarter for more hype?
kebabskal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »

A bit slow on updates on my end, but here are some character sketches I'm working on:

No idea how to translate those to voxels, but gotta start somewhere, right?
I like the one to the right the most. The others look a bit too 'soldiery'.
I don't imagine her to be a soldier.

To better stick out from the background I'm playing around with green and orange for the character.
The initial environment sketches stays away from those colors.
Also, the orange hair is sort of a tribute to the GF that puts up with me doing this gamedev thing Smiley

I have made some strides on the story front aswell, but I havn't decided on how public I want to be about it. Maybe people don't want to get spoiled?
Lets keep it under lock and key for the time being Smiley

This looks great! What program are you voxel modeling in?  Do you animate using Maya after you voxel created, or is it like pixel animation in 3d?

I think you're using voxels for the sword trails?  If you are, that looks great, and is super smart.  If not, I don't know how you're doing it. 

Pink is a win. 

Will you be doing a kickstarter for more hype?

Thanks!
I did the initial modeling in MagicaVoxel, exported to .fbx and imported into blender for animation.
The sword trails are using the standard Trail Renderer in Unity.
If I'd think to do this thing full time, maybe I'd consider kickstarter or the likes.

Lawlcopt0r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2016, 04:39:28 AM »

Hey, cool you're still working on this. Once in a while I find myself thinking back to the very first version and wishing for a full game like it Wink

I think needing a 'hook' for every game is such a marketing way of thinking. What fascinates me about your game is the simplicity and elegance of it, a huge seperate feature would feel really tacked on at this point.
That being said, I like the new things you added and different schools of magic sound very exciting to me.
I think replay value can also come from good systems that allow for different kinds of interaction and constellations.
If every room can play out differently depending on your movement/attacks and how the AI reacts to it you wouldn't need a new gun every few minutes. You would just want to master the details of how to defend and attack more efficiently, which can keep you interested quite some time in a game as fast as this.
Anyway, I am hoping for a playable version soon, your little gameplay bits look very engaging to me. Keep up the good work! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic