Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:14:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralNintendo DS is Fawking Awesome
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo DS is Fawking Awesome  (Read 6560 times)
rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »

I think I picked up electroplankton just as the supplies of it started to dwindle down. Still, the price seemed higher than normal,I think i payed almost 60 smackaroos for it (Canadian).

I'm guessing ebay is always an option if you still want it.

I'm looking forward to Jam Sessions for the DS, its similar in that it's a musical toy, this time focused solely on creating a guitar playing experience.  Youtube has some cool clips: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jam+sessions+ds&search=Search

BONUS FACT:

Electroplankton's Toshio Iwai's first video game for the Nintendo predates Mizuguichi's Rez as the first rhythm based shooting game: check out a super awesome clip here:
http://www.handcircus.com/2006/07/26/ode-to-otocky-by-toshio-iwai/

cheers, rey-o
Bebop
Level 0

Space Monkey Rocks

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 04:28:35 PM »

also like your avatar btw, is that a j.otto illustration?

I really don'T know it's a kind of image you find on google but never know who the hell made it.

I played recently Kirby Squeak Squad and It was the second time I played a kirby gamee 100% (It,s really easy BTW). The Tresure Chest system is fun. In each level you can find treasure chests they each contain a extra that you can use either in game or just for the fun of it. You can changes kirby's color or listen to the music and my favorite one you can add a new move to the power you get when eating a monster.You have to watch out becuse now you can have up to 5 item in kirby's belley so if you dont manae well you'll end up with 5 fire power( UGH... Huh?) Anybody who like kirby or wanna discover take that one.

ZELDA PHANTOM HOUR GLASS FTW I wish it was already out.
And PLEASE STay the f*%k away From mario HOOPS GAngsta BANGbang It blows.

crukid
Level 0

creepy lurker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »

For those into roguelikes, I highly recommend DSCrawl, which is a port of Linley's Dungeon Crawl by Sasq.  I don't think it's actively being developed anymore, but the 1.0 Beta 2 that is around works pretty flawlessly.  I've put many hours into it.  Having this game on the go is just incredible!
edenb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 01:07:09 AM »

Electroplankton is an awesome experience. I got the Japanese version of it from trademe (NZ's version of ebay), and it comes in this big shiny box with special earphones. (See-through blue of course). There's the normal electroplankton box inside the big box. It's just a pity I can't read the manual (in Japanese obviously). It's still fun to look at the drawings in it, though.

Jam sessions is interesting, and me and cosmind are creating a game similar to it in that you play guitar, freestyle. (We started this project before jam sessions was announced). However, our game is based on reading the players emotions to create music and seems far more inuitive (and less clunky) than jam sessions. Oh yeah, you can shread as well :D
rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 05:50:18 AM »

edenb that sounds friggin awesome!

in other DS awesomeness,you may have already hear about Barnyard Blast - a metroidvania style parody game that is coming out. these guys could barely get any attention for their game, which at the time didn't even have a publisher. but thanks to the internets and some good word spreading, they found someone!

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/08/07/ds-fanboy-interviews-barnyard-blasts-yan-marchal/

http://barnyardblast.blogspot.com/

cheers, rey-o
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic