Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:02:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsParkitect - business simulation
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: Parkitect - business simulation  (Read 140223 times)
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

Rollercoaster Saga
Flippy Coaster
Grand Theft Coaster IV
Legend of Coaster
Super Coaster Bros.

It's all in the inspiration Wink
SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2014, 07:45:33 PM »

Roller Coastructor?
handro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »

A game about rollercoasters.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

Whoopee Grounds
Thrillz

Flatgub
Level 0

My existence is questionable at best

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »

Thrillz +1  Wink

jddg5wa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2014, 03:19:12 AM »

Rollercoaster Saga

Roller Coaster Farm Saga 2 The Sequel: Wacky Landscapes

On a serious note has anyone suggested these two:
• Theme Park Planet
• Theme Park Tycoon

"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
beeglebug
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2014, 04:00:03 AM »

A couple more suggestions:

Thrills Inc
CoasterVille

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »

I LIKE Theme Fortess Wink

Imo anything -craft should be out because it will sound like a Minecraft mod...

You mean Warcraft, Starcraft, Minecraft didn't invent the -craft nomination ye know

Oh I know that, but -craft certainly has minecraft mod connotations for me now, although it could be done Wink

So long and thanks for all the pi
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »

Oh I know that, but -craft certainly has minecraft mod connotations for me now, although it could be done
That's for us kids who didn't play the old warcraft & starcraft games Wink
premonster
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »

Fun Co.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2014, 12:29:27 AM »

I think it's time for naming this game to get it's own topic. I mean really, we're at what, five pages of suggestions for names with maybe three actual development updates?

I just... I get so excited when I get email notifications about the game and then it turns out someone else has suggested another six names...

No wait I've got it...

...Game of Thrills.
louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2014, 12:42:26 AM »

I think it's time for naming this game to get it's own topic. I mean really, we're at what, five pages of suggestions for names with maybe three actual development updates?

I just... I get so excited when I get email notifications about the game and then it turns out someone else has suggested another six names...

Sure but I don't think having a naming thread is really justified? Is it?
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2014, 01:46:19 AM »

Alright, let's get this thread back on track then!
First of all, we finally decided to go with Theme Parkitect! The general opinion here seems to be that the name should have roller coasters in it in some form, but the coasters are really only a tiny aspect of the game (and would inevitably bring up even more associations with RCT).
We like Theme Parkitect - it's short, unique and describes the game quite well. Also a bit silly, which should fit as well and hopefully makes it memorable!

So, what have we been up to during the silence of the last few days? We worked on a website which should be able to launch soon now that we've decided on a name. Apart from that we mostly worked on making everything we have so far more stable and presentable, so there are no big new flashy features. Here's a few small things anyways!

Garret modelled a mechanic (who doesn't do anything yet):

I experimented with some grass (looks quite nice I think, but I couldn't make it work properly with shadows so far):

And I gave ragdoll physics a try:

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
jddg5wa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 13, 2014, 02:13:12 AM »

For some reason those ragdoll physic tests reminded me of a glitch/feature of RCT1 where you could raise the land underneath a peep and the peep would fall endlessly and "die".

The mechanic looks good. Took me a moment to realize the mechanic was wearing a wrench, thought it was some jetpack, quiet comical.

"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
balidani
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:54 AM »

Ragdoll physics will be awesome!

I don't like the grass very much. Without grass the game looked much 'cleaner' and more unique to me. Just an opinion.

Oh, and I, for one, welcome our new Theme Parkitect overlords.
hell2o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2014, 06:13:43 AM »

Ragdoll physics will be awesome!

I don't like the grass very much. Without grass the game looked much 'cleaner' and more unique to me. Just an opinion.

Oh, and I, for one, welcome our new Theme Parkitect overlords.

Yeah the middle pic of the grass just looks wrong. More like lumpy green clouds (new band name) than actual grass.

The other two look ok, I think that the near solid colour fits the mostly solid colour/no noise style of all the buildings
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2014, 06:42:26 AM »

Theme Parkitect is indeed a bit silly, I like it. That mechanic model is cute, like it too.

Like the others, I'm also not sold on the grass in the middle - the fence seems to "float" on top of it, like with bad greenscreen effects in movies. I think this is due to the textured grass implying one type of lighting whereas the fence has a different one (or indeed, perhaps a total lack of lighting). Plus, like the other people said, the lack of textures had its own charm. The more subtle texture in the top and bottom picture looks nice though!

SuperDisk
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »

http://i.imgur.com/DkSCH0f.png

I think this rendition of grass was the best one. The current shade looks too bright and maybe "something that would come out of an easter egg"
pyromania
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »

Wow this project is awesome!
just signed up just so I can say so Grin.
anyways, just wanted to say good luck, and hope that this will surpass RCT  Epileptic.

Adding foliage doesn't quite look like a good idea for now, maybe just have the textured grass tile? foliage would be nice if you're able to set up a day/night cycle lighting system so it will be able to pop out more. so far right now the foliage looks like blobs, or indents in the ground.

Looking forward to seeing the "Fries Stand"!

here is a quick thing i did for giggles
http://imgur.com/wHel5P3

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2014, 01:22:37 AM »

Wow this project is awesome!
just signed up just so I can say so Grin.
anyways, just wanted to say good luck, and hope that this will surpass RCT  Epileptic.

Adding foliage doesn't quite look like a good idea for now, maybe just have the textured grass tile? foliage would be nice if you're able to set up a day/night cycle lighting system so it will be able to pop out more. so far right now the foliage looks like blobs, or indents in the ground.

Looking forward to seeing the "Fries Stand"!

here is a quick thing i did for giggles
http://imgur.com/wHel5P3

the cover looks scarily like a legit 90s pc game cover

So long and thanks for all the pi
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic