Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:15:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Artist for 2D Tower Defense
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Artist for 2D Tower Defense  (Read 1024 times)
wildex999
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2014, 12:39:37 PM »

Hello,

For a few weeks now I have played around with the idea of creating a game using Unity. The first idea that appealed to me was to create a Tower Defense.
Especially I want to create a Tower Defense that focuses on some of the thing I have been missing in many of the Tower Defense games I have played, a big focus on online.

The first Tower Defense I played was one of the originals on Warcraft 3, and I played it in multiplayer with a friend of mine. I really want to re-create that fun I had, and so I started this project.

About me
I live in Norway and have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, and currently working on my Masters degree.
I have no prior experience developing or releasing a game outside a school environment, where we did do some group projects.

I have experience programming in C/C++, C#, Java, Javascript, PHP and more.
I have been using Unity(4.3 Free) for about two months.

The Game
A Tower Defense for both Mobile(Android, iOS) and PC(Windows, Linux, Mac) with a high focus on multiplayer and map creation.
As it stands the goal is to have the game in 2D, to have the best reach for mobile platforms and freedom in how much we want going on at any one time on the screen.

Single Player:
- Include an initial pack of normal, special and challenge maps
- Download maps online that others have created
Online:
- Play with and against other people, cross-platform.
- Leaderboard with replays
- Guilds/Clans, group up with your friends and challenge other groups.

Current state
I have been programming a prototype Tower Defense in Unity, just the basics that doesn't depend on the theme that we have yet to choose.
Of course, I only have a basic single player and the start of a map editor.
- Can place towers
- Towers fire on enemies within range
- Enemies use pathfinding to go around the towers(Mazing)
- The start of a map editor(Can place tiles)
- Amazing programmer art xD

Screenshots(Click for larger)

-------

Play the prototype here(Unity Web player): http://95.85.53.18/index.html

We have started writing a design document, where we are fleshing out what we want to have in the game in terms of features.

Next steps
Currently we have not really decided on a theme or look for the game. We want to get in an Artist before we decide, and any insight on the graphical part.

We have yet to design any towers, enemies or maps, and will come after we have decided on a theme for the game.

Team
Currently the team consist of me for the programming, and another person who has offered to do the Music.

Looking for Artist
Before we go much further we want to include an Artist on the team.
Your role as the artist will be extensive, as I have nothing to contribute there.
- GUI and menus
- Tower and Enemy sprites/animations(2D)
- Map graphics(2D)
You will have a good deal of freedom when it comes to the graphical design.

Requirements
- Know how to create the expected graphics =)
- Write and read English. Communication will pretty much be text chat.
- At least a few hours a week. Will probably be less at the beginning, and more as we get going.

If you have never done a game project before, no problem.

Does this sound like something you would like to be a part of? Then contact me either by posting on this forum, or sending me a PM, and include any work you have done before. =)
Try to send examples of work you think might fit in with a Tower Defense.

Compensation
I have no money to pay up front, so we are looking at a Profit share solution.
The hope is to get another person on the team, flesh out the design document and get a grasp on how much work is needed for each part of the game(Programming, Music, Graphics) and come to an agreement on the share percentages at that time.

The current idea for the game is to have it be free to play on mobile with ads, buy to remove ads, and buy to play on PC(Desura,Steam).
Also have a in-game shop where it's possible to buy skins for towers, enemies etc.

While I can write code night and day, writing posts like this isn't anywhere near my specialty. If I have missed something, you have any questions, or wish to apply for a position, you can contact me either through PM or by posting here.

Thank you for your time =)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:46:19 PM by wildex999 » Logged

Got a Bachelor in Computer Science, working on my Masters.
Programming in: C/C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, PHP and more.
Savick
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:39:17 PM »

Sent you a PM.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic