Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1373224 Posts in 64841 Topics- by 57022 Members - Latest Member: biancatargao

February 23, 2020, 05:53:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588
Print
Author Topic: Art  (Read 1815140 times)
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: November 13, 2019, 09:25:02 AM »

Yeah- I'm excited to get back to it eventually, but I wanna get some smaller projects out first to give me more experience.

Also:

A crazed lightning enthusiast.

Played him in Pathfinder- Air Kineticist with a lightning theme.

"Haha! LIGHTNING!"
-Thorgar

velocirection
Level 1

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: November 13, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »

Some backgrounds I did last yesterday~

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
moonmark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11722 on: November 19, 2019, 04:09:32 AM »

The character I love drawing the most: Sebastian the Grim Reaper. aka The Worst Grim Reaper  Shrug

Hand Any Key does this work?

www.moonmoonmoon.camp
woodsmoke
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: December 15, 2019, 09:22:47 AM »

Halfling wizard doing a hidden spell. Or is it a magic wank?

Drawn with a black 2B and 8B aquarell pencil and then softened with a water brush pen.

robot cook

old country music Bevis

giant herbal flower

fluffy camel
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:01:53 PM by woodsmoke » Logged

michaelplzno
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11724 on: December 22, 2019, 05:41:37 PM »

@woodsmoke lol at beafus. Nice!

Ordnas
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11725 on: December 23, 2019, 09:35:10 AM »

Really nice handrawing!

Devlogs:

Sarah Boeving
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11726 on: December 24, 2019, 08:28:15 AM »

Been doing alot of pixel stuff for work and wanted to brush up on my painting skills. Figured it'd be fun to do some mockup mobile-game-ish Bioshock icons/props. I think i'll do a first-aid kit next then work on some menu/ui stuff to go along with it.  Coffee

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:41:19 AM by Sarah Boeving » Logged

Sarah Boeving - 2D/Pixel Artist - Portfolio
velocirection
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: January 15, 2020, 09:12:45 PM »

Finished background of the fox's house :3

tayete
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: January 18, 2020, 11:07:38 PM »

An illustration done for my game in development.

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: January 21, 2020, 09:32:15 AM »

He munch

I tried out a new technique here: I modeled a facsimile of the character and used that as lighting and line reference:

Suttebun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11730 on: January 21, 2020, 11:40:04 AM »

@velo
Dang, by the "wait" icon it looks like you've got yourself an adventure game in the making!
Also I legitimately like the poster on the wall by fox girl.

@tayete
That looks like something that should be hanging on a wall in 007 N64.
Really good job.

@McMutton
I've heard of similar techniques being used in anime; and blender's grease-pencil "movement".
That sounds like a lot of work, and your final picture has a bit too much detail for my mind to comprehend calmly.
But I like where you're going  Well, hello there!

Details on my criticism:
The swords look really really good, the lower body armor is awesome, and his face is fun.
The flared fur and shoulder pads are where my eyes can't hold shape.

edit: and I can't see his arms, but that's mainly because of the lighting. (not having a certain shadow contrasts to give depth to his frontward portions; which happens a lot when 3D space is projected to a 2D image)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:57:56 AM by Suttebun » Logged
velocirection
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: January 21, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »

Suttebun-
Hehe, the fox isn't a girl~
Edit: and thanks too, and yeah adventure game, you could say that ;p

And mutton, looks nice :3 as for the 3d facsimile, it really is a good way to get down an idea of how a complex character will look/how it'll be lit. When I first started using 3d helpers, someone also showed me a video(I'll have to find it again... or maybe it was in the game art tricks thread?) where a studio that just does concept/promotional art uses a 3d/2d technique, where they block out a simple version of a scene with basic character models and geometry for the environment. And light it in a way that will be used as a reference for how the painter will shade it. Or even having people put on clothes similar to the art they're doing and posing in certain lighting conditions then being photographed to help the artists create high quality beautiful art more efficiently.

I feel like if you have the 3d chops to assist you in making 2d art it only makes sense to do so. Nice seeing other people do that as well.

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: January 21, 2020, 11:01:31 PM »

Details on my criticism:
The swords look really really good, the lower body armor is awesome, and his face is fun.
The flared fur and shoulder pads are where my eyes can't hold shape.

edit: and I can't see his arms, but that's mainly because of the lighting. (not having a certain shadow contrasts to give depth to his frontward portions; which happens a lot when 3D space is projected to a 2D image)

Thanks!

Dear me, it feels like sooooooo looooooong since I've actually gotten some critique- Oh how I've missed it!

You're absolutely right, of course- I didn't take the time to understand the shape of the fur before having at it. I even ignored the angle guides I modeled in for it!

The shoulder, too- I just need to make sure I don't place things at unreadable angles.

I might redo it and add in deeper shadows- I was being a bit lazy with it.

I feel like if you have the 3d chops to assist you in making 2d art it only makes sense to do so. Nice seeing other people do that as well.

Thanks much! It's like we say- work smarter, not harder

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: January 26, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »

Tried out a rough watercolor style, here

velocirection
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: February 12, 2020, 11:29:56 PM »

Finally doing some background again!

ThemsAllTook
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11735 on: February 13, 2020, 07:20:15 AM »

Neat! I like this technique of blocking the scene in 3D and then drawing over it in 2D. Perspective has always given me trouble.

Suttebun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: February 13, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »

Dear me, it feels like sooooooo looooooong since I've actually gotten some critique-
Haha, thank you.

I really appreciate your latest post. This is just wonderful to look at.

@Velo
I would appreciate if you didn't share such sexual stuff.
It's not for Tigsource if there's words like Bait'n all over the place.

I think newgrounds has a spot for that kind of thing.. Or DeviantArt, because you can set age restrictions.
But not here where kids are learning aswell.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:34:21 PM by Suttebun » Logged
ThemsAllTook
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11737 on: February 13, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »

That's an extremely tame post, and all of the appropriate warnings are in place for any linked adult content. velocirection has been a model citizen. His work absolutely belongs on tigsource.

velocirection
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: February 13, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »

Hehe thank you ThemsAllTook and while I don't try to put anything too saucy here(except for in my game thread and even then I censor when necessary) I do think that the content of the forums should be pretty clean since there are minors around.

But I can point to plenty of adult jokes in cartoons and media(intended for kids) that are the same level, if not worse.
https://rockosmodernlife.fandom.com/wiki/Chokey_Chicken

This one is just way too clever

I didn't get this one until much later, kind of randomly and I can't help but laugh at it every time.

And not just older cartoons where people think it was easier to slip things by the networks. Even in newer cartoons there's plenty of jokes intended to fly over kids heads! Whenever I watch my niece sometimes she likes to watch Cartoon Network- so of course I sit and watch with her to see what kids are being influenced by. They get away with some pretty saucy stuff. Some make me scratch my head, like "I thought this was a kids show?"

The Amazing world of gumball come to mind. It's had some very adult jokes in it(not just like sexual jokes either, there's some jokes about more mature issues such as sexism, global climate change, etc...) some of these jokes much worse than my "Bait'n" joke! Iirc there was a bit where the titular character(Gumball) gives a "blowjob" to a sentient balloon in a bathroom. They knew what they were doing.

I was going to link to one of those "TOP 50 ADULTS JOKES IN KID SHOWS!" lists but there's an ocean of them and I'll leave it to you to go searching for them.

And to be clear, my game is absolutely not for kids as you know. I'm making comparisons to show you that, even in content that's been rigorously vetted and approved for kids, there's still dirty jokes.

Edit: Also originally I was going to just make a joke about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch and how is that sexual but I feel like it's more appropriate to explain myself in a more serious way

michaelplzno
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11739 on: February 14, 2020, 03:20:13 PM »

There's a fine line with innuendo and kids, I don't think the 'Baitn is anywhere near crossing it. At first I didn't even get it and then I sort of rolled my eyes after a bit. The beauty of jokes like that is that for kids that are too young they just "don't get it" and move on, but the more in the know crowd does understand. Also its nice to not make everything targeted at kids sterile and artificial: human beings have feelings and needs and kids need to understand that one way or another. But then again, I was watching movies like Spaceballs before I knew how to read which is sort of a weird upbringing.

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic