Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 02:29:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 591
Print
Author Topic: Art  (Read 2216993 times)
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: January 26, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »

Tried out a rough watercolor style, here
velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: February 12, 2020, 11:29:56 PM »

Finally doing some background again!

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11722 on: February 13, 2020, 07:20:15 AM »

Neat! I like this technique of blocking the scene in 3D and then drawing over it in 2D. Perspective has always given me trouble.

Suttebun
« Reply #11723 on: February 13, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »

Dear me, it feels like sooooooo looooooong since I've actually gotten some critique-
Haha, thank you.

I really appreciate your latest post. This is just wonderful to look at.

@Velo
I would appreciate if you didn't share such sexual stuff.
It's not for Tigsource if there's words like Bait'n all over the place.

I think newgrounds has a spot for that kind of thing.. Or DeviantArt, because you can set age restrictions.
But not here where kids are learning aswell.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:34:21 PM by Suttebun » Logged
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11724 on: February 13, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »

That's an extremely tame post, and all of the appropriate warnings are in place for any linked adult content. velocirection has been a model citizen. His work absolutely belongs on tigsource.

velocirection
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: February 13, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »

Hehe thank you ThemsAllTook and while I don't try to put anything too saucy here(except for in my game thread and even then I censor when necessary) I do think that the content of the forums should be pretty clean since there are minors around.

But I can point to plenty of adult jokes in cartoons and media(intended for kids) that are the same level, if not worse.
https://rockosmodernlife.fandom.com/wiki/Chokey_Chicken

This one is just way too clever

I didn't get this one until much later, kind of randomly and I can't help but laugh at it every time.

And not just older cartoons where people think it was easier to slip things by the networks. Even in newer cartoons there's plenty of jokes intended to fly over kids heads! Whenever I watch my niece sometimes she likes to watch Cartoon Network- so of course I sit and watch with her to see what kids are being influenced by. They get away with some pretty saucy stuff. Some make me scratch my head, like "I thought this was a kids show?"

The Amazing world of gumball come to mind. It's had some very adult jokes in it(not just like sexual jokes either, there's some jokes about more mature issues such as sexism, global climate change, etc...) some of these jokes much worse than my "Bait'n" joke! Iirc there was a bit where the titular character(Gumball) gives a "blowjob" to a sentient balloon in a bathroom. They knew what they were doing.

I was going to link to one of those "TOP 50 ADULTS JOKES IN KID SHOWS!" lists but there's an ocean of them and I'll leave it to you to go searching for them.

And to be clear, my game is absolutely not for kids as you know. I'm making comparisons to show you that, even in content that's been rigorously vetted and approved for kids, there's still dirty jokes.

Edit: Also originally I was going to just make a joke about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch and how is that sexual but I feel like it's more appropriate to explain myself in a more serious way

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11726 on: February 14, 2020, 03:20:13 PM »

There's a fine line with innuendo and kids, I don't think the 'Baitn is anywhere near crossing it. At first I didn't even get it and then I sort of rolled my eyes after a bit. The beauty of jokes like that is that for kids that are too young they just "don't get it" and move on, but the more in the know crowd does understand. Also its nice to not make everything targeted at kids sterile and artificial: human beings have feelings and needs and kids need to understand that one way or another. But then again, I was watching movies like Spaceballs before I knew how to read which is sort of a weird upbringing.

velocirection
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: February 14, 2020, 11:47:22 PM »

Yeah I'm a bit torn on how content for kids should be. In a way, I kind of think it should be more sterile and wholesome... because I really don't want any kid to grow up to be a weirdo like myself(you think I don't wish I was more normal sometimes!? >_>) But on the other hand... I don't think that would make things better and probably just make things worse.

Idk thankfully I'm not making stuff for kids so I don't have to think about how what I'm making will effect someone's mental development.

And then again, it was discovering pr0nz and the fact that every kid in the middle school I went to was a homophobic, sexist perv that made me fun me all the time that made me the way I am. As opposed to "Finger Prince" jokes and such in cartoons. (Also my parents were very strict about letting me watch/play things so yeah probably was less the tv/game media I consumed and more the other stuff)

Getting off topic though...

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11728 on: February 15, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »

Well art and its consumption by kids is an interesting topic: Maybe it should be a new thread?

I know a guy who found out a bit about himself when he saw all those old 80s cartoons with the muscle men.

I also have a nephew who is 3 who is in the "police are always right" phase, and they told him about Rosa Parks at school and he almost cried when I tried to tell him that the police were wrong, not because of prejudice but just because he knows the police are the "good guys" always. It did not compute for him with all his "Paw Patrols" and other such stuff. And its depressing that the world isn't as nice as what he wants: some people wearing black hats and being bad guys and some people wearing white hats standing for truth and justice.

Its tough, I'm a firm advocate that our soul is partially in the art we consume and enjoy, and also defined by the art we hate. When we let ourselves feel what a character or work or art is expressing we are finding who we are. And kids need to do that too as an important part of becoming full grown humans.

I know Anno of Evangelion fame is an advocate that kids need to have some bumps in the road in order to grow up and I hate his point of view. I can't even watch Evangelion anymore. Just the other day I was watching an analysis of its philosophy on youtube and I was just bummed out for the whole day. But then was eva a kids show? I think the reaction that a lot of the shonen anime fans (kids) had to it was to simply not watch it, and when they aired it in a more adult time slot it did better and went on to super fame.

I come from a family where 1, I was allowed to watch any move I wanted as long as I didn't repeat the words in them, and 2 my grandmother would turn off a movie if she suspected it had a sad ending. So that is my bias: I think jokes like the fingerprints pun are harmless and pretty juvenile in nature. Its ironic if we think that boner jokes are adult jokes because its kids who make those jokes in the school yard all the time. Whereas if you make a boner joke when you are trying to talk to a woman on a date you might not be so lucky unless she is into immature men.

So again its tough. I'm a firm believer that the parents should have a say in all this, and that there should be a editorial standards and practices to pretty much everything we watch, because even though I watched R-rated movies as a kid there is still a lot of protection that goes into what can be shown on screen. I also think people should make it clear what kind of experience you are in for if you deal with a piece of art. Here on the tigforum art section its clear this is not an area for children, so there is a lot of filtering that happens automatically: what 8 year old is logged into tigforum? And if a kid makes it onto tig, maybe by clearing the hurdles of finding this place they are saying they are ready to see some more "out there" content?

velocirection
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: February 15, 2020, 11:11:34 PM »

Phew well to address some points!

The guy who found out a bit about himself with the 80s macho man type stuff, sometimes I wonder how much of it is finding out what you like vs. how that influences you. Did I find out something about myself when I found a picture of some lion guys having sex? Did I find out even more of myself when later I saw the work of Onta/Rajii/other artists that drew girly animal guys?

I always wonder if my first encounter with pr0nz wasn't gay furry related how different I'd be today. Or would it just be inevitable I'd be into that weird shit. But *that's* an entirely different topic...

Your nephew... At least he learned that cops aren't exactly the good guys! Hehe I hope he doesn't realize too soon that that was merely one crushing disappointment out of many, many more to come as he grows older ^^; I'll jokingly tell my niece(almost 12 yo) when something embarrassing/bad happened to her at school "Don't worry, that ordeal won't seem as bad when the next horribly embarrassing or soul crushingly disappointing thing happens!" and she just sighs and rolls her eyes at me. I also occasionally act really surprised she can read when she gets done reading something to me because I'm the love able but annoying stupid uncle.

Also, it is ironic that boner jokes are adult jokes despite like middle school/high school aged kids being the ones that make these jokes the most. But I guess it's more humor that's adult themed but juvenile in nature. Don't get me wrong though, I think you can tell that I do appreciate a good juvenile bit of humor now and again! As a 27 year old fossil. The opposite is true for guys though, boner/sex jokes have a decent chance of scoring you some laughs. (Obviously it varies person to person but I mean women are much less receptive to that in general)

And I wouldn't say an 8 year old is browsing tigs. But I have seen some minors years ago(like 16 or so) before posting and making games. Even then though this forum is so far from what it used to be that I feel like it's so unlikely many youngsters(if any at all) regularly browse or have accounts. I personally was a teenager when I was a lurking around here but that was also back in the tigsource golden age. That being said though obviously the forums should be kept generally safe for viewing by whippersnappers.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11730 on: February 16, 2020, 04:46:51 AM »

On the boner jokes: I know some women who get a kick out of them too, we call them keepers. But again, that kind of woman is interested in a man who is less serious about himself.

One of my favorite anime's as a teenager was FLCL which was quite a psychological bit about a kid falling for an older woman. Which my GF and I did a game based on the show about lighting and controlling a fire. Of course its pretty easy to interpret based on the psychology of the character who is doing the burn: let it get to hot or too cold and its game over.

You can play the game here and see if you enjoy lighting and controlling the flames: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/718022

On the "how much did it influence you vs how much is it discovering yourself" I've seen furry stuff and a lot of images that I, no offense, am not into and just by seeing some of the stuff I didn't suddenly turn furry. I think at pretty much any time in my life if you showed me lions getting it on or whatever I wouldn't have decided that I wanted to be a furry.

I think this scene may have warped my fragile little mind though:

Which I still laugh about to this day.

velocirection
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: February 18, 2020, 11:54:23 AM »

Some chicks do like a good boner joke and yeah hehe! Those are the keepers :3

Interesting game, I like how the goal is to keep it below 100% and above 0% though my strategy of always keeping a small bit of building somewhere didn't work because it accidentally got connected to a bigger piece!

Idk I do feel like what you're exposed to as a youngster does influence what you'll be into older. Maybe it's not 100% but perhaps it pushes someone in a certain direction. It's just weird that it would be fated that this person becomes a furry, like how/why does it happen? Maybe we'll never know.

The spaceballs scene was good too.

By the way, another background done :3

(this time it's 100% clean)

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11732 on: February 23, 2020, 12:03:16 PM »

Weighing in because of reports:

Use judgment when posting spicy pics, innuendos like Baitin’ is fine.  Link anything you’re not sure of and label it 18+. 

Be mature both in posting and reacting to art; this is a community of all sorts of people.
zikbakguru
Level 0

successfully existing since 2001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11733 on: March 03, 2020, 10:49:49 AM »

To cope with all those painful moments in solo-developing games, I ocassionally draw before I begin working on stuffs or when my mind is all boggled from those coding sessions, To clear out my mind. And I also tend to vent off my feelings and all the wacky thoughts into the drawing in the process.. So the final product often becomes a pile of indescribable soup of.. things.
Anywho, This is my small selection(..dump?) of art I have been drawing since 2016, Here we go :
*INTENSE DUMPING NOISES*

Some wacky banner stuff.. The sentence in the banner doesn't really have any particular meanings to it.
My most recent drawing!

..Cat? Maybe cat.

I was very ambitious in the sketching phase while drawing this but I got bored of it not so long after and just rushed everything else including the guy's other half limbs.

Bad & "realistic" box arts like the.. thing of NES Mega man was one of my main inspirations that got me into drawing, And recently (maybe last year IDK) I've painted few bootleg box arts for games!
This is our boyo Baba from game called Baba is you, by Hempuli :

..And this one is (obviously) the infamous cat-mech pilot from game Gato Roboto by doinksoft :

And this is my interpretation of the game's graphics in Lode runner, Apple ][ version.
(..damn, Seems like I got the anatomy & perspective of the ray gun obliterated in this drawing.. Oh well.)

And finally, This one.. Has no particular description. It's up to you to determine what this thing.. means.

I might suck at English but you know what? I suck at life too :'>
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: March 28, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »

Ha! Those fake covers are great- you definitely nailed the aesthetic.

Here's the current character lineup from Ethios:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:36:22 PM by McMutton » Logged
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11735 on: April 08, 2020, 02:09:51 AM »

They look cool! Do you have a palette colour for them yet?

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11736 on: April 08, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »

They are wonderful!  Grin

Games:

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11737 on: April 08, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »

I relate to the skull with the BUTT cap.

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: April 11, 2020, 11:43:48 AM »

Ah, thank you Ordnas and Eyon!

Some design alterations have occured with the first and last characters, but here's the current state:

Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11739 on: April 12, 2020, 05:20:59 AM »

Nice =]

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 591
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic