Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:41:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 591
Print
Author Topic: Art  (Read 2204446 times)
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #5280 on: April 10, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

Ah, it seems I merely misread the feathers as fur. Still looks awesome though.
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5281 on: April 10, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »

Raiden, you should try to find work drawing dinosaurs for some kind of textbook.
I remember when I was a kid there was this book about dinosaurs I loved looking through. I think it was pretty involved and it was quite old even then, so it was probably not very accurate compared to stuff we know now, but I didn't care about any of the text at all; I enjoyed it purely because of the pictures.
I still love looking at pictures of dinosaurs; I think it's extremely interesting since there aren't any living ones around to look at and we can't be sure of the details.
Anyway, my actual point here: I love your art!

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5282 on: April 10, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »

Raiden, you're an amazing artist. I'm so glad you're here posting on TIGs!

20 minutes this took me. My new speed painting record!

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5283 on: April 10, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »

Sorry for the double post, guys. Wallpaper size!

Rykuth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: April 10, 2011, 09:44:31 PM »

Raiden, you should try to find work drawing dinosaurs for some kind of textbook.
I remember when I was a kid there was this book about dinosaurs I loved looking through. I think it was pretty involved and it was quite old even then, so it was probably not very accurate compared to stuff we know now, but I didn't care about any of the text at all; I enjoyed it purely because of the pictures.
I still love looking at pictures of dinosaurs; I think it's extremely interesting since there aren't any living ones around to look at and we can't be sure of the details.
Anyway, my actual point here: I love your art!

Yes!

This: http://cgi.ebay.com/DINOSAURS-%26-Other-Archosaurs-by-Peter-Zellinger-Illustr_W0QQitemZ350244085766QQcmdZViewItem was one of my favorite books as a kid, even though looking back on it now the art doesn't look quite as impressive as it once did. I would love something like that with a more updated look and information and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: April 10, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5286 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »

My dad's going to print this in a towel. Industrial weaving representing in this thread.
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: April 11, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »

Kyn, that perspective is pretty weird.

I quickly drew the horizon and some vanishing points to show you what I mean.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5288 on: April 11, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »

Well, seeing that I traced it directly from a picture I took, I don't know how much I could have screwed it up Cheesy

But you got me thinking, the angle isn't helping the spacial awareness of the place that much with those simple lines. Maybe I'll try it from another spot, the house has a weird shape.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5289 on: April 11, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »

I lol'd
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: April 11, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

I seem to have totally misread the image. Apparently those houses have all kinds of weird shapes.
I'll just stop posting now and get myself a beer instead.
RaidenMKII
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5291 on: April 11, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »

Hey thanks, I'm honored you all dig these dinos.  Some friends and I have a dino-blog: http://dino-art.blogspot.com/

Once I get some practice in and get in contact with more paleontologists I would love to publish something.  I've always worked in games doing concept, but I'm practicing the painterly thing 'cause it translates to pixel-art easily.  Would love to find some gig doing 2d game assets.
Those of you looking for inspiring paleo-art check out Douglas Henderson.  His work is the best, and amazing how well it would translate to parallax 2d game art.
Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5292 on: April 11, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »

Hey thanks, I'm honored you all dig these dinos.  Some friends and I have a dino-blog: http://dino-art.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting your blog, it went straight into my RSS feeds.  I remember seeing that side view of the feathered t-rex you did a while back, so it's really cool to see more of your work!

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5293 on: April 11, 2011, 02:59:36 PM »

I lol'd
I didn't, but only because I somehow never laugh audibly when I'm on my own and just reading stuff. I came close enough that I would have had I been anybody else, though.
What I mean to say is:
That was some funny stuff.

Once I get some practice in and get in contact with more paleontologists I would love to publish something.
Do that for sure; your work is definitely good enough that it should be showing up in books and magazines or whatever!
(Naturally, I am following that blog now.)

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: April 11, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »

Oh man your blog has some of the sweetest dino arts ever. I love all of it, you and your friends rock!  Kiss
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: April 11, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »

I fucking love this stuff

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5296 on: April 11, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »

Is that just polymer clay or what?

My music.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: April 11, 2011, 07:09:34 PM »

light blue plasticine

I made it for an art project in school, I decided not to paint it so I could keep playing with it at home.

which I currently am now

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5298 on: April 11, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »

(I will post finished project in the 3d thread)

Dont worry the face was made better
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:39:10 PM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5299 on: April 12, 2011, 05:07:40 AM »

Two lil' projects popping up that expand past 2D drawing makes my heart go  Well, hello there!

Great looking stuff sirs Bone and Landshark. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 591
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic