Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 08:00:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 591
Print
Author Topic: Art  (Read 2204469 times)
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8860 on: April 25, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »

messin' around with some hand-drawn animation. which I'll eventually paint and split into parts for Spriter.  Note, he'll eventually be holding a gun with both hands... it'll make a bit more sense then Tongue

I've begun rendering out the frames

(background was stolen - just using it for a setting while I animate)

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8861 on: April 25, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »

messin' around with some hand-drawn animation. which I'll eventually paint and split into parts for Spriter.  Note, he'll eventually be holding a gun with both hands... it'll make a bit more sense then Tongue

Shocked Shocked
how much do they pay you  WTF

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: April 25, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »

messin' around with some hand-drawn animation. which I'll eventually paint and split into parts for Spriter.  Note, he'll eventually be holding a gun with both hands... it'll make a bit more sense then Tongue

Dude, what program do you use to make your art look so good? This looks professional level!
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: April 25, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

well i mean
he

IS

a professional
dumbmanex
Level 1

Stay out of the water!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8864 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »

That is one badass rhinoman, I love the angular facial features.  Are you having to paint each frame individually?  Maybe breaking it into parts for animation in-engine?

Blambo
« Reply #8865 on: April 25, 2013, 06:47:20 PM »

Yeah, that's just incredible. He mentioned that he splits it in Spriter.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: April 25, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

Small nitpick, he's missing a hand.

Also that looks like a bolter from Warhammer 40k.
Like, the only reason it doesn't is because it's green and doesn't have a clip in the middle.
And isn't covered with emperor-praising paraphernalia
Not that that's a bad thing, just pointing it out.

Blambo
« Reply #8867 on: April 25, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »

I think the green really adds to it if only for the contrast withe the bandana. Totally adds character in a slight and simple way.
siskavard
« Reply #8868 on: April 25, 2013, 09:54:38 PM »

It's good to see some traditional animation in games. I'm working on something similar.

Your cycle looks great, but if I may give you some feedback, I immediately noticed that his left shoulder has a larger range of motion than his right. It jumps up much higher. I don't know if this is on purpose or not, but it definitely caught my eye.

Can't wait to see the final rendered cycle!!
stickadtroja
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: April 26, 2013, 02:31:28 AM »

Danfessler; really nice rhino!

im glad i didnt post one page back, all the art there was really hurting my ego...
latest piece;
somekind of cyberpunk thingy
Revocare
Level 0

Straight Outta Compton (*≧ω≦)ノ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8870 on: April 26, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »

I'm working on streamlining some characters, this guy's name is Revera. For an upcoming game/webcomic!

The only thing I'm still thrown off by is the horns, not sure why though. But I've come to really like his facial structure.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8871 on: April 26, 2013, 04:41:41 AM »

Your cycle looks great, but if I may give you some feedback, I immediately noticed that his left shoulder has a larger range of motion than his right. It jumps up much higher. I don't know if this is on purpose or not, but it definitely caught my eye.
it is because he's holding a sub-machinegun in both hands

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: April 26, 2013, 05:18:14 AM »

even still, the close arm does spend more time behind/off to the side than it really should

it's a problem that'll be easy enough to fix in spriter itself just because of the way the program works but in the sketch its like his close arm hits an invisible wall
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8873 on: April 26, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »

nerd

mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8874 on: April 26, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »

You guys make such nice work. Lovely. All of you!

gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »

nerd
i will fight you over the internette dude lets do this
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8876 on: April 26, 2013, 12:36:08 PM »

nerd

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8877 on: April 26, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »

rooobod rooobod rooooooobod

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: April 26, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »

Portal 3 just announced by Kinnas

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8879 on: April 26, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »

Quote from: ANtY
how much do they pay you  WTF
Hah, thanks dude.  Zynga pays well - but not for me to do this unfortunately.

Quote from: Gravity Games
Dude, what program do you use to make your art look so good? This looks professional level!
Just the mighty photoshop!  Lately I've been loving the standard soft-brush, but tweaked to be an oval shape rather than circle.  It allows me to have both a hard edge and soft edge on the same brush - I just constantly tweak the direction of the brush in the brush settings as I paint.  The rendering of this piece was done almost entirely with this brush

Quote from: Gravity Games
Maybe breaking it into parts for animation in-engine?
Right on the money.  I'll be using a secret beta build of Spriter for this.

I totally linked your animation in my work's art chat the other day.  Really dig your animation dude.  Also you're right about the back arm.  I was going for exaggerated movement, but it ended up just looking wrong.  several people have brought it up.  There was also a pretty good crit about his forward leg swing not having good curve spacing.  Like barbiturates said, it's much easier to fix these problems once inside of spriter than it is to redraw at this point - so I'll be addressing these problems then.

Small nitpick, he's missing a hand.

Also that looks like a bolter from Warhammer 40k.
Like, the only reason it doesn't is because it's green and doesn't have a clip in the middle.
And isn't covered with emperor-praising paraphernalia
Not that that's a bad thing, just pointing it out.
Hah yeah.  Funny story, I had both his hand and ear finished when my computer decided to randomly shut down.  At that point I was like "fuck it, I'm going to bed".  I'll be redoing it of course Tongue  As for the gun - can't say that didn't cross my mind while painting it.  Probably influenced me, but mostly it ended up similar due to me wanting the gun to stay super blocky to make animating it a bit less hell for me.  Warhammer stuff is super blocky inherently as well, so it just ended up that way.  I don't mind the similarity really.

Quote from: Blambo
Yeah, that's just incredible. He mentioned that he splits it in Spriter.
I think the green really adds to it if only for the contrast withe the bandana. Totally adds character in a slight and simple way.
Thanks dude!

Quote from: stickadtroja
Danfessler; really nice rhino!
Thanks dude!  I really like your piece.  I'm a sucker for purples and greens together like that

Quote from: barbiturates
Can I place a bet?

EDIT:
I've begun breaking down the parts needed for the animation.  this is where I step through the hand drawn animation and decide which parts are important enough for a re-draw in Spriter and which can be reused in other frames.  This isn't final, there will probably be a few more parts I need to place in there.  Figuring out how to break down the torso has been the hardest so far.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:24:52 AM by DanFessler » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 591
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic