Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:03:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallInteractive Art
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Interactive Art  (Read 7541 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 06:48:20 PM »

He means Something Awful, a notorious internet forum which many believe is among the worst of internet culture (with only 4chan being worse).

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »

Another trollish comment (the other was in the Aquaria thread). What's the point of going to indie developer forums if you just put other people down like that?
it's a joke brokowski relax

Maybe so, but why joke in a way that devalues the work of others? Isn't not really funny to me to see people put the work of other indie developers down, even in a joking way. And when you first join a forum and in your first few posts put down the work of two different people without giving much reasoning for your criticisms it gives a bad first impression.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »

As my grandmother (God bless her) used to say -- it's not a joke if nobody laughs.

Zaphos
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 12:47:28 AM »

Can you save files from your game, though?  You could try writing each frame to disk from your own code.

I can, but it would be unbelievably slow to do so and render the game near impossible to play
Ah ... true ... you'd probably have to save state in a more efficient way and use your game engine to replay it later, which would be too much work Sad 

I think a video would really help sell your work though!  You might want to see if you have any friends with cameras, or if you could borrow one from your school somehow.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 08:12:35 AM »

I think a video would really help sell your work though!  You might want to see if you have any friends with cameras, or if you could borrow one from your school somehow.

My brother has a video camera, I'm actually hoping that Apple steps it up and releases a recorder, I mean they already have a screen capture tool...

I'm not borrowing anything from my school for copyright reasons.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic